World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Bean Counter
44,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Malvern in Worc's and would like some advice on where to fish. As i cant get too much further away from the sea I need guidance towards the best (and closest) areas for a day trip. Most of my experience has been harbour fishing in Cornwall on holiday. I have both a beach and spinning rod. I will be fishing Dee estuary later in month but would really appreciate guidance towards both fishing marks and baits to use.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
try mostyn for plaice and sole near the end of month.(you will need crab for bait) email me before you go and if im free i will meet you and show you where too fish

·
The Bean Counter
44,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks for that Joe. I have arranged to stop with my Uncle on the Wirral at end of month so probably fish West Kirby way, however, I hope to take you up on your kind offer later in year.
Do you know of any decent marks on mid Wales coast?

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Snaggletooth

You could try the Bristol Channel. It is only a couple of hours down the M5

Woodster

·
Registered
437 Posts
hi snaggle.
if you are going to venture to the bristol chanell area try barry heres a link to look at www.fiskies.me.uk m8 and im sure if you sent a pm to poacher he would help you even futher he knows the area's well.

·
Registered
437 Posts
hi snagg.
Anytime mate if i can help i will. clive.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Snaggletooth said:
Many thanks Woodster, any suggestions as to places to start?
Best to start is off the beach at Brean, Berrow or Burnham. The secret is (whoops) fish two rods use one rod as a walk back and the other as a caster whether u are certain to catch fish

Woodster

·
The Bean Counter
44,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers Woodster. What distance should I be looking to cast (bearing in mind that casting is still a bit patchy and can sometimes throw the bait further than I can Cast).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts