World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
qff work this week and fancy doing a bit of fishing.I fancy fishing rock marks around morfa nefyn or the estuary at aberdovey(daytime)any help on baits,rigs,and baits,or any where else to fish between these points would be helpful.Got to be daytime though the other half is coming with me.

·
Registered
7,887 Posts
Maybe try Tywyn at low tide say halfway along the prom - aim for the gutter that runs in front of the reef that runs parallel to the prom and only appears on big LW Springs. Use rag, peeler, sandeel. Might get a bass if the nets ain't in place but it does give a few flatties anyway! If you do try it you'll have to be able to tolerate a bit of weed giving false bites, because of the lateral currents. In the wrong conditions this can mean getting 1cwt of it round your line, so you'll need to keep an open mind on the mark - same applies to the Estuary when the tide's running hard especially if the waterskiers etc have liberated even more weed from their holdfasts on the sea-bed!

Nefyn I know nowt about but some of us lads from here are going to try it this summer!

Cheers - John

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Chance of flatties including turbot off the right hand beach at Morfa Nefyn. Dawn and dusk on the left hand beach are good for bass and pollack to live eel and lures. Try a popper if it is quiet. If you can't get eels try a head hooked float fished ragworm. A mate fished there this morning from first light from his boat but within casting range of shore, he had plenty of bass to 8lb. He was ashore and on his way home by 10.00 as the fishing had gone off the boil by then.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info lads very helpful, are there any easy access rock marks at morfa nefyn? fancy trying a bit of float fishing with my old carp rod if possible got to be fairly easy access though as the wife`s coming with me,cheers,Del

1 - 4 of 4 Posts