World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently given an outboard engine someone had had standing in a garage for ages. It's a Crescent 14 Hp. It is in quite good nick, but it obviously didn't come with a manual. I managed to run it, but it doesn't pump water, so probably needs a new impeller. Does anybody have any spares for this engine, or even history of who made them, because it seems difficult to get any information even from the internet.
I would really appreciate any help or advice. Jochen

D

·
0 Posts
jochen,

have you tried that place over at wateringbury?i got an impeller for my very old evinrude 18hp last year.cant remember the name of the place.i'm sure they had a shop at marine parade over the island years ago.......dave.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Very old Cir 1960's. Crecents were Scandinavian in origin if I remember on a par with Volvo Penta's. But I also have a vague memory that some OMC (Evinrude & Johnson) parts were interchangeable. Oh and that model will be water cooled.

Unless this is a labour of love to return an old engine to what it was like new I would not waste time and money on it. You will always have problems with spares. They were never sold in any great quantities.

Afishionado

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jochen,

have you tried that place over at wateringbury?i got an impeller for my very old evinrude 18hp last year.cant remember the name of the place.i'm sure they had a shop at marine parade over the island years ago.......dave.
I work in Maidstone, and will try to get there during my break next week. Nice people they are, and I think they still live on the Island.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts