World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

have never fished nash point and was wondering how easy does it fish. would be taking a few young teenagers with me. is it safe? have heard it fishes best at low water, and am hoping for some cod to install some confidence in them!

cheers for any replies

tight lines

·
Registered
55 Posts
Dont know if youve read the worldseafishing report on Nash....

Nash Point

Its just down the road from where Ive just moved to - havent fished it yet - did pop down and have a looksy. Apparently a popula venue - High tide - water comes up to the large bolders and plenty to lose ya tackle on. I may plumb for trying it at low tide - a few deep gullys there apparently - Seems like it can fish well according to the report - may even try it this weekend myself.

Chris.

·
Registered
35 Posts
hi dw If I were you i would fish it 3 hrs down to low water and about 1 or 2 hrs back up, as you get on to the beach you will see sand, and rocks to the right and left of you, fish just to the left on the ledges its ok there, as the tide comes in you can fish off the sand, but use rotton bottoms, use rag and squid, or lug and squid, with a three hook set up size 1 hooks, if you can cast far try a pully rig with strong 2/0 or 3/0 hook, black lug squid, and crab if you got it. Good luck let us know how you get on.
B)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts