World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a telescopic beach caster with a large reel with 20lb line. i would put a three hook rigs with size 1/0 hooks on with lug would this rigs be ok for the fish at chapel point
i not a fussy person i would be happy with just one fish ice never caught a sea fish in britain and would really want to. so is there fishing easy,medium hard?
i dont spose theres any obvisous marks but is there anywhere thats better then other places in chapel point
much help needed thanks jack.p

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
i have a telescopic beach caster with a large reel with 20lb line. i would put a three hook rigs with size 1/0 hooks on with lug would this rigs be ok for the fish at chapel point
i not a fussy person i would be happy with just one fish ice never caught a sea fish in britain and would really want to. so is there fishing easy,medium hard?
i dont spose theres any obvisous marks but is there anywhere thats better then other places in chapel point
much help needed thanks jack.p
what size weight are you using? would suggest you put a shock leader on...
try using size 1 hooks and look for any gulleys that you can cast into..
as for bait try squid.. mackerel...peeler crab.. lug..and rag.
three hook rig should be ok..

·
Registered
535 Posts
hi jackfish mate, i go along with everything trev says.the only thing i can add is be patient and things will fall in place. as for placing yourself on tha beach try about 2or3 hundred yards to the left of the point should be a nice hole there unless its filled in by the tides.good luck and tight lines byeeeeee.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what size weight are you using? would suggest you put a shock leader on...
try using size 1 hooks and look for any gulleys that you can cast into..
as for bait try squid.. mackerel...peeler crab.. lug..and rag.
three hook rig should be ok..
well when i go down i will go to the tackle shop and get any gear i need wat weight should i use? and shock leader what pound line for that and how long if any 1 nos

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
well when i go down i will go to the tackle shop and get any gear i need wat weight should i use? and shock leader what pound line for that and how long if any 1 nos
you should be ok with a 4 oz weight and 50lb shockleader. the shockleader needs to have at least 5 or 6 turns around your spool and then probaly a 6 to 8 feet drop from the tip of your rod. the tackle shop should put you on the right line..
good fishing hope you get a few.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you should be ok with a 4 oz weight and 50lb shockleader. the shockleader needs to have at least 5 or 6 turns around your spool and then probaly a 6 to 8 feet drop from the tip of your rod. the tackle shop should put you on the right line..
good fishing hope you get a few.
right o thanks trev the only thing im worried about is my telescpoic rod is very soft tipped and i might not resgetor the bites:unsure:

·
Global Moderator
5,201 Posts
right o thanks trev the only thing im worried about is my telescpoic rod is very soft tipped and i might not resgetor the bites:unsure:
Don't you worry.........

It will register the bite ok,believe me.......

·
Global Moderator
5,201 Posts
rite ok thanks alot for that i spose if a smoothhound or ray bites it will pull the rod in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not necessarily.......................

I understand a ray bite can be just a gentle couple of taps.......

Having not caught either a smoothie,or a ray,(but will be working on it soon !!!),I cannot say for certain.

Perhaps a more experienced sea angler can shed light on this.....

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not necessarily.......................

I understand a ray bite can be just a gentle couple of taps.......

Having not caught either a smoothie,or a ray,(but will be working on it soon !!!),I cannot say for certain.

Perhaps a more experienced sea angler can shed light on this.....
right i was just speaking metaphrically but anythying will do me a dab or bass and id be pleased

1 - 12 of 12 Posts