World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello :) I'm Sara, I'm very new and my fishing knowledge is limited... Hence the cry for advice.
My boyfriend and me are on holiday in wembury this week, he loves fishing, but he's from New Zealand so hasn't fished UK shores successfully yet. Any advice or rough locations I'd be so grateful, we're not fussy as to what we catch, I just want him to have a good time and if he gets something for dinner then that's great too :)

I know it's meant to rain all week (typical) does this mean the fishing will be affected?

What are some good locations?

If anyone in the area wanted a fishing companion for the day he'd probably love that, his dad used to teach him in nz and he misses that I think. Literally anyone would be a better fishing companion than me anyway... I complain about the cold too much and get bored very easily haha.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks :)

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Well Sara
You have picked the right village for rough ground , any where along that coast is ideal for float fishing for wrasse or bass, the ground is rough, or you could lure fish for bass all along that coast , conditions aren’t good this week but give it a go

·
Registered
173 Posts
Only fished there once but ideal for lure fishing all along there however if the weather is that bad the odd wheel is a fantastic pub with good food.

·
Read Only
14,610 Posts
weeds a problem there sometimes, if u go left along the cliffs there is seasons point at the estuary mouth good for ray huss dogs u can catch nearly anything there at the right time. whole squid or fish baits.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can't thank you enough guys! We're off to season point this morning, gonna try floats mainly as like you all said it looks pretty weedy.
Thank youuu :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts