World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all coming up to corton at the weekend with the family managed to take gear where are the best placies to fish, where we are staying has acess to the beach and what is being caught thanks colin.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hi Colin - I am not able to offer any first hand knowledge, however a look at www.leader-lines.com says that fish have been showing in the Lowestoft/ Pakefield area with cod up to 4lb plus whiting. Also looking in my ancient and well -thumbed copy of "Where to fish in Norfolk and Suffolk" by J.Wilson it says that "Corton has a nice sandy bech, although exposed ares of hard clay make tackle losses heavy at times. However the high catches of of whiting and very big cod can make this worthwhie. The favourite spot is "Tramps Alley", where some really large cod and big bags of fish have been taken." This book was published by Jarrods in 1985 and I fished the Suffolk beaches throughout the 80's..............
THANK COD FOR FISHING!!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Lowestoft and Pakefield have been throwing up sizeable codling this week and I would think they will be around the Corton area plus there have been a bonus sole or two and Corton can be a good spot to target them. Snags are just about everywhere on those beaches at the moment so picking a spot which is snag free is almost impossible.
Dabslayer

·
Registered
924 Posts
I believe Sam Hook in L'toft sells fresh lug - but I should think you will need to place an order. Check for tel nos. in www.Yell.com . There are a fair few tackle shops in the town. If you can't get hold of fresh lug, the frozen blacks together with squid or mackerel has produced fish for me recently.
Best wishes.............. and............
THANK GOD FOR COD!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts