World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, ive just got my setup sorted (Rockfish UL and Shakespeare Mach 3 reel) with 8lb braid and 6lb leader.

My dilema is which lures / jigheads to buy.

Can anyone recommend what to buy from AGM?

Thanks.

Lee

·
The Ultra light Always doing it in style
4,950 Posts
Cruel Leech, Tipsy, Crappie Minnow, Vibro worm .but it is you decision as everyone ends up with their own style of fishing and favourites.
I fish Tict plastics 95% of the time and Tict jig heads and Decoy jig heads as there stuff suits me and my way of fishing. Also in my bag are a few Reins and Zoom, Isome and a Tub of Angle worm now.
So some Isome or Angle worm to get you going especially now it's winter but try not to get hooked or dependant on them like some do as there are plenty of styles and techniques to go at and it will offer you a greater fishing experience. Just try not to buy everything you see straight away, start off and just get some fish and the rest you will work out then you can start spending and spending.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Cruel Leech, Tipsy, Crappie Minnow, Vibro worm .but it is you decision as everyone ends up with their own style of fishing and favourites.
I fish Tict plastics 95% of the time and Tict jig heads and Decoy jig heads as there stuff suits me and my way of fishing. Also in my bag are a few Reins and Zoom, Isome and a Tub of Angle worm now.
So some Isome or Angle worm to get you going especially now it's winter but try not to get hooked or dependant on them like some do as there are plenty of styles and techniques to go at and it will offer you a greater fishing experience. Just try not to buy everything you see straight away, start off and just get some fish and the rest you will work out then you can start spending and spending.
"Try not to buy everything you see straight away" ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :D:D:D

·
Registered
708 Posts
I started keeping a list on my phone of lures I see at the tackle shop :D most of these brands I think are soft lures though some do hard lures also, as well as other fields such as bass or so ...

tict
daiwa
shimano
reins
bait breath
arukazik
maria
ecogear
smith ltd.
magbite
lumica
ima
breaden
jackall
deps
biocruise
rodio craft
aqua wave
issei
hayabusa
dreemup
jazz
OZ (onstar tackle design)
OFT
tiga
mars
jack nakamura
takedacraft
fish arrow
ajiym
light gamer/pro trust
tsunekichi
reon swimy
duo

·
Registered
90 Posts
jigheads
- if you're starting out, i'd use cheap ones off Ebay (you'll lose quite a few!), or make your own. (I use long shank trout hooks with an SSG or LG shot squeezed on)

lures
- the AGM lures are great value. get a small variety of senkos, worms, curlytails and shads and you'll soon find your favourite patterns, methods and style of fishing. After that, the world is your sweetshop. There are more shapes and flavours of lures than you could ever possibly buy ;)

oh, and welcome to the club. let us know how you get on :cool:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi Lee

I'm pretty new to LRF (and this forum) myself however the first thing i bought was an ecogear in pocket box in the aji variety. It costs about 12 quid and you get 5 jigheads from 1.4-1.8g i think, some grassminnows, power shirasu, strawtail grubs and a arguably best of all a handy wee box! I have caught fish on all of these lures, including trout and perch in freshwater, and really liked the jigheads. To be honest I think this is all you need to get started, if you want to give drop shot a try then get some dropshot weights (hto do good cheap ones) and hooks too. As you inevitably lose a few jig heads or fancy experimenting with lighter/heavier/different shape/hook size then buy more as you go. The lures should last you a while but getting some isome/gulp as well should see you catching fish for a good few sessions.

When the weather and water warms up a bit get yourself some metals lures too. I had good success on HTO shore jigs, diawa prisoner 2 and yoshikawa jigs.

Happy fishing!

·
Premium Member
17,687 Posts
Everyone seems to have covered what you need but I'll just add ecogear grass minnows to that list, don't dismiss what penn2 has said he's very experianced, isome & gulp are probably the best to start with as they catch 9 times out of 10, once you've developed some basic skills of lrf & you may have already I'm unsure then it's time to try different lures, styles & techniques. I'll look forward to your reports

·
Premium Member
17,687 Posts
I started keeping a list on my phone of lures I see at the tackle shop :D most of these brands I think are soft lures though some do hard lures also, as well as other fields such as bass or so ...

tict
daiwa
shimano
reins
bait breath
arukazik
maria
ecogear
smith ltd.
magbite
lumica
ima
breaden
jackall
deps
biocruise
rodio craft
aqua wave
issei
hayabusa
dreemup
jazz
OZ (onstar tackle design)
OFT
tiga
mars
jack nakamura
takedacraft
fish arrow
ajiym
light gamer/pro trust
tsunekichi
reon swimy
duo
Just let him have a ferret a round in your collection, it will keep him occupied for weeks:D
yeah but he wouldn't know where to start, it's like a minefield, I actually can't wait to give anything s try lol just wait until he starts getting in to the GoPro

·
Registered
708 Posts
yeah but he wouldn't know where to start, it's like a minefield, I actually can't wait to give anything s try lol just wait until he starts getting in to the GoPro
for sure, for sure. hell, sometimes I still don't know where to start when getting new lures. :D

or, purron, what you could do, go down that list and get one of every brand. in all the different sizes and types of course. oh and colours too. ok, I'm going to go wash my head under cold water :D

on a more serious note. colour-wise, white and pink are usually good. clear isn't bad. you could also look into speckled ones, something like clear or white with dark green or red speckles. hope it helps!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Guys,

Ive done some shopping (the wifes said 'that's enough')

I have bought:

Fish Us Ikura 1.4" softbaits
Large pink Isomes
XL white with dark speckle Isomes
Size 6 Jig heads from iqon111 on eBay.

Is there anything else I need?

Cheers,

Lee

·
Premium Member
17,687 Posts
Hi Guys,

Ive done some shopping (the wifes said 'that's enough')

I have bought:

Fish Us Ikura 1.4" softbaits
Large pink Isomes
XL white with dark speckle Isomes
Size 6 Jig heads from iqon111 on eBay.

Is there anything else I need?

Cheers,

Lee
Yeah you'll need to get yourself a rod & reel :p. Seriously I would get some smaller hooks going down to a 14-16 or lower if you prefer. The lowest I use is a 20 but there's guys on here using size 26, but I guess it all depends on what your targeting

1 - 20 of 26 Posts