World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hiya, i went to chesil a little while ago and the tide was coming in and i found that when i went to reel in the pebbles had covered most of the line and it was almost impossible to reel in, i had to wait for the waves to go back and and reel like mad to get line back in, it took ages to get my line back in, can anyone tell me what i have done wrong plz and how i can overcome this, or is this the normal thing to happen
cheers kev

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ps,,,,,,, im still waiting for my 1st ever shore caught fish lol, i will get there in the end im sure of that
kev

V

·
0 Posts
it's hard to say without being there,try keeping your rod tip high so as to avoid the line sitting in among the breaker's,on a different not avoid chesil in strong s/w-w winds,any thing from 4-5 it can become quite dangerous especialy on springs. :D

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Kev

By the sounds of it. It seems you are loose lining it. If you use tripod keep your rod up high.Use a grip weight get the line tight.

Woodster

PS Never fished Chesil but hope the info helps

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
i fish chesil regularly and this used to happen to me quite a bit aswel. do exactly what the other guys told you, make sure you keep a tight line and keep your rod tip high

1 - 6 of 6 Posts