World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, was wondering if anyone has any tips or marks for shore fishing in falmouth, used to live there a few years back but never fished there and will be there for a week or so in a fortnights time.

I normally fish Anglesey so any marks that might throw up something different would be greatly appreciated!

Am also planning on a boat trip too, has anybody ever fished on mystique out of newquay?
Cheers

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I was told that Stack point off Swanpool is good for Mackerel and Pollock and also Dogfish. I used to Kayak off there and we used to get loads. Also Pendennis point is sometimes good at high tide. Although I only got 1 Mackerel as I was float fishing a guy nearby had 21 spinning (dunno why you would need 21 apart from for bait).

·
Registered
126 Posts
Both stack point and pendennis point fish well at high tide for pollack and mackerel using a deep float 18ft with sandell,
your not supposed to but if you fish the sewer treatment works wall which is back into the harbour from pendennis with floating live prawn 8 to 10ft deep you can pick up the odd bass but your fishing over reef so be prepared to lose tackle.
Otherwise head to loe beach, nr the king harry ferry, fish live prawn about 3 ft deep at loe tide out into the tidal movement, good bass spot, but stick to size limits, lots of small ones around.
All the beaches fish well at night for doggies, as does trefusis point, use fishy baits.
gd luck.

·
Registered
26 Posts
trefusis is a good one had loads of makeral and gars a couple of weeks back when we browsed up for the mullet and had a riay off there too loads about at the minute so a nice bit a squid lobbed out could work:bounce::fishing:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Otherwise head to loe beach, nr the king harry ferry, fish live prawn about 3 ft deep at loe tide out into the tidal movement, good bass spot, but stick to size limits, lots of small ones around
gd luck.[/QUOTE]

DONT FORGET SIZE LIMIT IN CORNWALL IS 37.5CM NOT 36 LIKE REST OF COUNTRY

·
Registered
12 Posts
Am also planning on a boat trip too, has anybody ever fished on mystique out of newquay?
Cheers
Yep. I've been trying out the boats down here ahead of my stag do next year. Wayne/Mystique is the best I've encountered yet, a great skipper - knows his stuff and is a top bloke too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts