World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going sea fishing in scarborough on 6-8-05 could any body give me any tips what sort of baite & tackel and where abouts to go thanks mr40rose ps hope this works this is my first go at posting and a big hello to you all

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
float fishing from the harbour walls or marine drive will produce odd pollock to 4-5lb but there should be a few mackrel to spinners and float tactics.

its a bit lean at this time of year im affraid

mak

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
i fished scarborough on sunday and there were some big mackeral caught from the end of the east pier on small silver spinners-feathers seemed less effective.there were also odd small pollack but not in any real numbers.anglers fishing with worm and squid baits took a few small dabs-crab is a better choice of bait and castle foot tackle near the coastguard station on marine drive has plenty of frozen in stock-fresh available if you order in advance.

be aware though that the new sea defences have resulted in large stone blocks being dropped in front of the old wall and means climbing over them to reach the waters edge-the drop between them is considerable so extreme care must be taken if trying this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts