World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be floating round the Medway near Queensbrough for the next couple of days in me old bathtub and wondered if anyone could give us a bit of info on how its fishing ( send me Pm if your shy ) :mail2:
I know it can be a bit Shirley Bassy so I'm taking me roderoonies along to try and catch some fish to feed me family.
Many thanks in advance Gentlemen and Ladies :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
i hear there are many different things to be caught in the medway including condoms, jam rags and the odd shopping trolley....:bangin:

goodluck in the tub mate...see you soon:punk:

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well gonna be exploring the medway and Swale Barry , hope I don't catch any of that Rubarb

·
Wind Up Merchant
5,985 Posts
ben ,not a lot to be had but still,its nice to wet a line or two:ph34r:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Fishing is very poor at the moment.

Best bet would be to get in and around the creeks fishing small ragworms on the bottom.

Will produce bass and the chance of a Sole if you are jammy.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fishing is very poor at the moment.

Best bet would be to get in and around the creeks fishing small ragworms on the bottom.

Will produce bass and the chance of a Sole if you are jammy.
Thanks mate Benjammy's me name so hopeing to be lucky, would be great to get a Sole.
Cheers

·
Registered
262 Posts
If it is sole you seek, get around the mouth of the swale (medway end) around dusk. This has worked well for us in the past although getting past the schoolies and the occassional eel can be a bugger there.

Good luck mate.

G

·
stangate creek where it meets the medway used to be good,bit like everywhere else though!

a day out on the boat will still be good though ben,enjoy.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers Dave , stangate creek have heard it used to be good , might try and get in there in the small tender and fish the shallow water.

G

·
loads of bass down the halstow end end.deep water where it meets the medway.there's some really good spots all through the swale too,right nice place to be.just wish the fish were there like they was.

some good bait digging areas too!:secret:

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats a thought Dave I'll take me fork and waders for bait digging :doh::victory:

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Ive fished off the isle of grain in a boat a few hundred yrd from the martello tower ,big pout ,whiting and the odd doggie ,a few years back mind, one july, off the bullwark wreck for bass n big pout as well that be stoke way ,up by the motor way bridge for sole fishing off boats can be good aswll ,mind you strong currents and it gets netted a lot

·
Registered
842 Posts
iv fished up near the m2 motorway bridge recently and a small eel and a fish finger bass to show for it....wana give it a so for a few sole maybe on medway city estate opposite lloyds building....used to catch good sole there a few year ago....im maybe gona have a go along the medway somewhere sunday maybe

·
Registered
262 Posts
iv fished up near the m2 motorway bridge recently and a small eel and a fish finger bass to show for it....wana give it a so for a few sole maybe on medway city estate opposite lloyds building....used to catch good sole there a few year ago....im maybe gona have a go along the medway somewhere sunday maybe
Caught my PB sole there 2 years ago and its gone downhill since.

Until recently I had a property overlooking that stretch of the river and everyday you would see it being trawled relentlessly.

Not heard of a single sole from there this year so far.

·
Registered
842 Posts
yup used to be a few good lil spots up there for sole used to get atleast 3-4 a session, nice size...i aint caught1 thjis year from there...where did u fish mate borstal side or strood..

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
if ur going to queenborogh then take a map,look for a spot called ladies hole,it should be on there,head to there,it will take u 5mins or less in a boat,its only a few hundred yards from queenborough. good bass mark,deep water

·
Registered
262 Posts
yup used to be a few good lil spots up there for sole used to get atleast 3-4 a session, nice size...i aint caught1 thjis year from there...where did u fish mate borstal side or strood..
Used to fish it on the borstal side for the sole mate, as you say it was great fishing, particularly over dusk, and there were always fish to be had to small bits of rag on size 4's.

As for the Medway City Estate, havent heard of a sole coming up from there all year, shame as it is nice accessible fishing.

The principle problem there at the moment is all the crap washing about in a very fast tide race.

A mate of mine caught a pallet last week which nearly took his rod in when it hit his line!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts