World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
that because it only goes up to 6oz ! , have managed to modify mine to nearly 9oz but this takes a bit of fettling

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
have you got the spalshdown one? , that only goes to 6 , the other one goes larger

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
oh ok , so happens i have both , i haven't used the breakout for a while but i seem to remember the larger leads you use without the spacer ,, is the spacer reversible ?
i will have a look at home later to check

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Last night I used without the spacer and long tail loop. Straight after pouring the mould weighed 8.3oz snipped off the excess, it then weighed 7.6oz so one how do you get 8oz and two 7.6oz is a bit much for a rod that's rated to cast 7oz. The little template that came with the mould says you use the spacer for all the weights required. I'm just confused

·
Registered
541 Posts
Last night I used without the spacer and long tail loop. Straight after pouring the mould weighed 8.3oz snipped off the excess, it then weighed 7.6oz so one how do you get 8oz and two 7.6oz is a bit much for a rod that's rated to cast 7oz. The little template that came with the mould says you use the spacer for all the weights required. I'm just confused
That is the way you make the bigger leads by removing the spacer,but I’ve never wieght the finished product,when you use the spacer it casts a small chamfer on the lead.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts