World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Global Moderator
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys. Can anyone tell me which company this belongs to? I've drawn a complete blank. TIA.

s-l1600 (7).jpg

·
Global Moderator
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whats it on ?
Its on a handle.
but I know the logo is for many other things in the marine world- like plastimo for example.

·
Registered
544 Posts
hi guys. Can anyone tell me which company this belongs to? I've drawn a complete blank. TIA.
Some kind of EU marking its the same style as used in the EU CE safety marking.
or possibly two greek characters ϵσ merged together with second character smaller. They characters are greek lunate epsilon and greek small letter sigma. Cannot find anything for "epsilon sigma" that looks relevant

·
Global Moderator
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some kind of EU marking its the same style as used in the EU CE safety marking. View attachment 1366927 or possibly two greek characters ϵσ merged together with second character smaller. They characters are greek lunate epsilon and greek small letter sigma. Cannot find anything for "epsilon sigma" that looks relevant
I like the way your mind works!
It is on the diagonal in the picture, and notmally is vertical it is as an anchor with a b on the top. Or thats what ive always seen it as.
Its not a safety mark its a manufacturers logo and ive seen it constantly on stuff from seats to plastic marine stuff yet it is evading me.
Someone will recognise it and il look like an idiot!

Reactions: Bilbag

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
Well? Have you solved it yet? If not I thought I'd bump this worm back into your conscious.

·
Global Moderator
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well? Have you solved it yet? If not I thought I'd bump this worm back into your conscious.
No not solved. And no need to bump.... it never left 😔

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
Nothing like a good brain teaser to bury all those worries. (y)

·
Global Moderator
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nothing like a good brain teaser to bury all those worries. (y)
Too true. Too true. Ive not thought about if im taking my wediterranean jolly for july or august in a week. 😜

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
Well that just destroyed my plea in the AIS thread. So you're going to go slumming it in the Med. Nice. I was thinking I would do well to take a slow cruise up to West Scotland but feel a bit deflated now. Slow because IOM will still likely be closed so would need to make Conwy to Craobh Haven on a tank.

·
Global Moderator
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well that just destroyed my plea in the AIS thread. So you're going to go slumming it in the Med. Nice. I was thinking I would do well to take a slow cruise up to West Scotland but feel a bit deflated now. Slow because IOM will still likely be closed so would need to make Conwy to Craobh Haven on a tank.
Not the Med Brucey. The Wed. the Welsh med. Aka Conwy.
too much fun and frolicks for you these past 10 days! You are losing your street smarts. 😁

·
Global Moderator
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Doesnt it open on 28th?
Besides, i cant really see them refusing people fuel if they need it. You dont have to enter just refuel. Might be a bit of logistics to work out but maybe only a couple of phone calls?

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
Noooo, they're verkramp about Covid. Throw you in the slammer for six weeks if they so much as see your face enter Douglas Bay. 28th is looking highly unlikely too. I think they will go full laager mentality and only peek out a decade after the apocolypse now.

·
Global Moderator
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Noooo, they're verkramp about Covid. Throw you in the slammer for six weeks if they so much as see your face enter Douglas Bay. 28th is looking highly unlikely too. I think they will go full laager mentality and only peek out a decade after the apocolypse now.
Sit outside the bay and call a tanker?!
Put your frogman skills to the test and sneak on under cover of darkness with some jerrycans.
Or take some extra fuel aboard?!

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
I can make it on one tank provide I keep to about 20 knts and make use of the currents. It's about 240nm. If in doubt I just slow down or make a stop in Bangor (God forbid)

·
Global Moderator
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
Still not? Com'on. It's so easy!

·
Global Moderator
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Still not? Com'on. It's so easy!
Oh well do share your wisdom with us.
I wouldnt like to deny you a chance to lord your puzzle solving abilities over the rest of us.....
Game on BK. 😘

·
Global Moderator
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 35 Posts