World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am moving to anglesey in the new year(vally) and would like some help with where to fish and how to, and is there any clubs that are worth joining, and any good tackle shops in the vally area, thanks.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
If it's good fishing you're after then you're certainly moving to the right place :thumbs:.

There are to many marks around there for me to go into but the Trearddur bay area in particular stands out with marks like the beach itself, the flagpole and Ravens point particularly good, I'm sure the locals will help you out more and you could also try the Venues section on here. Another option is to get the O/S Explorer maps for Anglesey (262 & 263) and search the reports section for any marks you fancy. You could also do worse than to peruse Google Earth for likely looking marks and then go out exploring, in fact the world is your lobster :clap2:.

As far as tackle shops go Valley baits (07767 258692) and Winnies worms (01407 760303) in Holyhead are your 2 nearest options but there is a sticky at the top of this page, there is also a well established and thriving fishing club in Holyhead.

Good luck and I hope you have a great time finding new marks and catching loads of fish, which I'm sure you will :fishing:.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for taking the time to help out:thumbs:
If it's good fishing you're after then you're certainly moving to the right place :thumbs:.

There are to many marks around there for me to go into but the Trearddur bay area in particular stands out with marks like the beach itself, the flagpole and Ravens point particularly good, I'm sure the locals will help you out more and you could also try the Venues section on here. Another option is to get the O/S Explorer maps for Anglesey (262 & 263) and search the reports section for any marks you fancy. You could also do worse than to peruse Google Earth for likely looking marks and then go out exploring, in fact the world is your lobster :clap2:.

As far as tackle shops go Valley baits (07767 258692) and Winnies worms (01407 760303) in Holyhead are your 2 nearest options but there is a sticky at the top of this page, there is also a well established and thriving fishing club in Holyhead.

Good luck and I hope you have a great time finding new marks and catching loads of fish, which I'm sure you will :fishing:.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info i have printed the application form off:thumbs:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Being a member of a club doesn't appeal to everyone but if you're moving to a new area it can save you a lot of time and blanks. The Holyhead club has an excellent reputation both on the fishing and social side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts