World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I,v just purchased a old penn 310 gti multiplier reel.The only problem i seem to have with it is that even when the drag is all the way off on it it still seems to be tension on the spool.I"v sripped it all dont cleaned it all and still the same.If any body have got any ideas on what it could be could you let me know . Also the level wind is off it dont know if that would do any thingwith the spool tension.
Cheers Shane

·
Registered
437 Posts

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
The drag washers can get contaminated with oil and grease. There is a dodge to get it out. Remove the fibre drag washers and pop in a pan with a drop of fairy liquid. Boil them for a few min. Change the water don't add fairy to it and boil again. Reassemble and you should find the drag works. If not the washers are worn and you will have to get new ones. Russ Symonds is you man for Penn spares, I will look his number up if you need it.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers for the tips i"v got the schematic for the reel downloaded. ill try and clean them if that dont work ill buy new ones.(chris if you have got that number for russ ill ring him and get spares 1st as last)cheers and ill let you know how i got off.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers chris took them all out cleaned them and all working fine now. and thank you Lendusaworm for the washer supplier.

·
Registered
7,010 Posts
NO! - not Julian Clary

Swarfega works a treat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts