World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

With the fish giving me a wide berth at the moment, i plan to practice my casting, its fair to say that i now understand my reel (abu 650 c3 mag) by this i mean no nests for a while..............i can get it out about 120-130mts this just a from the back sling!! i fully except that this could get better with practice just dont think ill live that long ...........hence the need to learn the pendulum way i use a ron thompson exellerater, reel as above ,red ice line and this lead thing i have sat and scrached my head im getting out just as far with my penn 700 surf fixed spool can anyone help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Lo m8,
I'm new to beachcasting as well, and I could with some help with casting too. I found this fishing site http://www.surfcaster.de/Iz_Seiten01/video.html it's german but I was only interested in the casting video clips. I'm not suggesting you can learn casting from them but you might find them interesting. You need the quicktime viewer to watch them but you can get that on the site. When u get to the page scroll down to see the videos. Wish I could cast like these lads.
Penn

·
Registered
188 Posts
Nice one Melarkie, vids a bit grainy but got the gist of it , I've been practising down the beach without bait on and like you seem to have my reel (Mag ) tuned so the nests are in the past now its as much about reel settings ,body balance bit like a golf swing ,technique you can view, read, or have tuition but like all things its practice makes perfect

1 - 3 of 3 Posts