World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for a new rod and reel for fishing of a pier and beach.

budget is about £70-£80

Any good websites as at the moment i cant find any decent websites

any help will be appreciated :victory:

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
looking for a new rod and reel for fishing of a pier and beach.

budget is about £70-£80

Any good websites as at the moment i cant find any decent websites

any help will be appreciated :victory:
if youre in N.Wales, get yourself along to Colwyn Bay Pier shop, some bargains at the moment ie everything half price (except bait and ready made rigs).

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have two possibles for you.
I bought a shakespeare salt MPV 2-4 oz 10ft beachcaster for £50 and a shakespeare targa 4-6oz 12 foot rod with multiplier for £50 as well.
I get good casts from the pier or beach with both and they have good bite detection too.
The MPV I use two ways as a spinning rod with a fixed spool and as a beachcaster with either the targa reel or a shimano multiplier I just bought.
The MPV is in my opinion the best all rounder it handles floats and spinners well, will cast a two ounce bass rig 80 yards plus with ease.
A clipped down pulley rig on a 3oz lead will cast 100+ yards easily.
the rings are all carbide lined and the reel seat is excellent (it's also set pretty well for casting).
an extra £30 would get you a decent fixed spool or a reasonable multi if they are your thing.
hope it helps
Sandalar

forgot to say these are both carbon rods too so really good value on top of everything else.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
look at the budget diawa gear. won't go far wrong. good luck.

·
Registered
842 Posts
look at the budget diawa gear. won't go far wrong. good luck.
second that.......or if u could stretch to £150 or around that u can get some decent rods for £100 and then either a good fixed spool for £50 or a second hand but still good multiplier for the same.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts