World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am looking for advise on boat fishing in Costa Del Sol (I will be based in Estepona) What are the diffrent styles of fishing such as Trolling ect and what baits are used for what species. Also what species are avalable at what time of year.

Any help would be very welcome as it will be better than me pointed the point out to the big blue and hoping.

Cheers

Spartacus

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Try www.gibraltar.gov.uk/fishing.asp for useful info about type of fish and tackle. As you are only a few miles away it must be similar. I would be interested in any info you get as I have friends at Coin inland from Malaga. Although I have been out a couple of times I have not yet taken tackle. Ive seen long-lining boats unloading large eels, bass, mullet, dentex, mackeral and a wide range of bream some huge! When are you going?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

Cheers for the reply,the site you gave me was interesting and gave me some idea what to hope for. I will be over there most of the summer as I have
put a boat out there so will keep you informed how I get on.

Thanks

Spartacus

·
Registered
325 Posts
When you are in the Med Spartacus, watch out for the Romans.

Fred

·
Registered
7,694 Posts
dont forget that sea fishing from spanish territory is licenced.
each autonomous region has its own requirements.some regions have seperate licences for shore and boat fishing. they are quite cheap,certainly cheaper than the fine! which is normallyaround 300 euros!
best wishes dave. :)

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Yes captaincojones advice is good. I was warned that equipment is confiscated as well if youcant produce a licence.

Since my first reply I have found the info on this site. Goto main menu on left "Fishing Abroad" then select Fishing in Gibralta. Masses of useful info! Any chance of a couple of days out in the boat with you?

·
Registered
7,694 Posts
hmm..its always best to have the correct documentation. the trouble is that area has a VERY high guardia civil prescence. this is to combat the gangs of drug and people smugglers, that make the short crossing here from the n. african coast.
the section of the guardia civil that has specific authority for checking licences, is known as the seprona section.but the reality is that any of them can stop and board you if they wish. you cant miss their boats..... big,green, with the spanish flag down the side,and lots of blokes carrying lots of guns!!! :D :D
best wishes dave.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good Advise guys thanks, and Pedro yes no problem if your over there you would be welcome, send me an email and we can tie up.

Cheers

Spartacus

1 - 9 of 9 Posts