World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all can any one help after the disaster sunday ive learned that my starting motor on my evinrude 60 has gone its a bit old 1982 just wondered if anyone knew of any where i might get hold of a second hand one ....cheers..

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Have a look here, us site but good for identifying bits. You will find they stock new starters for less than $200. Check out the price in the UK and it may be worth sending to US for it.

http://www.iboats.com/mall/partfinder/

Your local OMC dealer should be able to get one or just give you a price. Best to be leaning on the counter when he tells you. :eek:

I you have a good Auto Electrical factor near you it may be worth checking with them to see if they can match it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
ChrisP said:
Have a look here, us site but good for identifying bits. You will find they stock new starters for less than $200. Check out the price in the UK and it may be worth sending to US for it.

http://www.iboats.com/mall/partfinder/

Your local OMC dealer should be able to get one or just give you a price. Best to be leaning on the counter when he tells you. :eek:

I you have a good Auto Electrical factor near you it may be worth checking with them to see if they can match it.

Ifyou are going to order one from the US watch out for the import charges. I ordered some rod holders from Cabelas and was well dischuffed with the import charges on what was after all 2 bits of plastic. :(

·
Registered
737 Posts
dai m8 have belsize moved or are they still on the river, havent been down that way for twenty odd years,hoping to buy a boat this year and that place was always good for bits and peices.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
will try those places havent heard of bellsize but will find out hoping not to be payin 200 if any one hears of an evinrude 60/1982 for spares or a johnson same year give us a shout ,,thanks all,,what the hell am i going to do at the weekend the missus will be trying to get me to do some stupid jobs around the house....save me...... :(

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks all for the help turned out the bendix (small cog on top of starter) was knackered new one on order....... :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts