World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>me and my hubby are looking for somwhere different to fish this weekend but we have no rod rests so was looking for something like a pier or jetty, preferably within an hour and half&#39;s drive from bristol, was thinking of somewhere around torquay way...... any suggestions please....thanks&#33;</font>

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Cant help with the bristol marks, have a look round the main part of the site or try veals mail order, www.veals.co.uk, they have information on marks around the channel and weston super mare. If you cant find the information you need on the site, give them a ring and Im sure they will put you in the right direction. Ask for the rod rest you can make one out of two pieces of 3"x1" about 5ft long would be ideal, drill o hole about 6 inches from the top of the wood, through both pieces and push a bolt through, then just add a nut and tighten to the required tension, nice n cheap and temporary.</font>

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I agree with the above. Best advice is to pop into Veals (Old Market Street) or Bristol Angling Centre (Southmead). They&#39;ll give you all the info you need.
In terms of pier marks, you&#39;re just up the road from Clevedon Pier which has an excellent reputation. Why not give it a go?
Hope that&#39;s of help.

Cheers,
Rhod.</font>

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<font color='#000000'>Thanks for your replies. And thanks for the tip on the rod rests, that&#39;ll see us through on this weekends trip. CHEERS&#33;&#33;</font>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts