World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boat trip out of Exmouth cancelled at last minute due to engine failure! And they have been catching cod that I wanted to get amongst. So I fancy a day at the seaside in the Weymouth area. Not much of a shore fisher but where can I go for a few mackies, a gar or two or perhaps a bass if I am very lucky??? Portland end of Chesil any good at the moment? Need to get away from work for a day!!

Andy

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
hello andrews i have got a tub with your name on it in the bathroom. well a stupid answer is better than none?
seriously why don't you try cogden as there are some lazy gits in dorset who don't like the idea of a 500yd walk so it is quiet, and it is good there although the bass are selective and only eat things without a hook in them :)

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Um maybe they just don't eat things with YOUR hook in them, just a thought :) and while I'm in this neck of the woods has JakeB disappeared again?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
dont know about how well cogden is doing at the moment but the portland end is fishing well. my last match there saw a veriety of fish, mackerel, gars, scad, pout, dogs, hounds, plaice!, dogs, bass and a gurnard! try mak head & guts about 10-20yrds out when it's dark

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for getting back to me. In the end I went to Abbotsbury and could not move for the number of mackie bashers... Hardly a bite all day but caught a spider crab, a five foot lump of wood.... Then I had a bite. A good sized bass. I could see it in the surf. And then it snapped off. Not my day. So I reached for the feathers and brought in 40 odd mackerel and a herring before being forced off the beach by coach loads of people.

Cogden sounds good. I will give it a try!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts