World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a simple question, anybody got directions to the Short Arm, I will shortly be getting my wurmie dunkin pass!

I assume that you are only allowed to fish in daylight hours??!!??

Any height of tide to avoid??

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
phil u can only fish dureing daylight im not to sure about tides, but directions are:

head into port talbot until you come to the trainstation, take the turning after/before the train station(depends on direction coming from), cross the train tracks, and take the left at the rounda about and follow the road. You'll then come to the entrance of the works. Stop and ask the security guards for the directions inside the works. Hope this helps.

kelvin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers guys, now all I need to do is find a way of getting in there??

Just head for Port Talbot steel works and ask at the gate, is that the best option?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bluebeard said:
thats baglan, 40 would probably be the exit you need to take.
Not wishing to sound a pain, but looking at the map I would have thought 39 would have been the better option and ask at the gate?? Or am I wrong yet again!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Any chance of idiot proof directions coming off at junction 40 driving from the East please!!????????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looking at multimap, let me see if I can part of the way there!

Off the M4 at junction 40, first exit onto Abbey road (??), down to a T junction.

Is it turn right at that junction head up to Port Talbot parkway, turn left onto Oakwood road, next junction onto Maritime Road, then first right after travelling for a few hundred yards.

How am I doing so far!

Down this road a little way, I will have the dock/water on my right hand side, next right turn and follow this road for aat least 500 yards to the end and the short arm should be in front of me!

All from multimap and help from the people on this fine board!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Barrelreef said:
I got a map for inside the works its a good clear one but i'm not sure how to put pics in posts.

i had the map form the associated Britsh ports website if this is any help
Can you email it me please??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts