World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Any of you lads hear of the near fatality on the helwick bank last saturday
caused by a tenby trawler on a family out fishing the bank..
seen a trawler being towed back by angle lifeboat last sat .only other thing over the vhf was barry ilb going out

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this is an eye witness account..
my mate was anchored on the helwick bank on saturday in his warrior 165
he also noticed another similar boat anchored about 100yards away with three persons onboard...about an hour had passed when he noticed a large trawler coming up channel it got alot closer and he said to his mate i hope this things turns soon..anyway it did 2mins later he noticed it was heading straight for the other boat with that the fellor on the the small boat stood up waving his arms about trying to get the the trawlers attention.. seconds later my mate said he saw all the rods disapear over the side next thing it picked up the anchor towing the boat up channel bow diving everywhere the fellor did manage to cut the rope and chased after the trawler throwing weights at it..by this time my mate had joined the chase the trwlers stopped the skipper jumps out of the cabin and said if you want all uour gear back u will find it on ebay & next time get out of the way of my trawl.. my mate could not beleive was he was hearing ...he called the coastguard and they played hell with him over the vhf but he said it was on autopilot and did not see the boat in its was which was total bull sh-t..
shocking or what tell we what you guys think
this could of been a real nasty outcome

Paul

G

·
this is an eye witness account..
my mate was anchored on the helwick bank on saturday in his warrior 165
he also noticed another similar boat anchored about 100yards away with three persons onboard...about an hour had passed when he noticed a large trawler coming up channel it got alot closer and he said to his mate i hope this things turns soon..anyway it did 2mins later he noticed it was heading straight for the other boat with that the fellor on the the small boat stood up waving his arms about trying to get the the trawlers attention.. seconds later my mate said he saw all the rods disapear over the side next thing it picked up the anchor towing the boat up channel bow diving everywhere the fellor did manage to cut the rope and chased after the trawler throwing weights at it..by this time my mate had joined the chase the trwlers stopped the skipper jumps out of the cabin and said if you want all uour gear back u will find it on ebay & next time get out of the way of my trawl.. my mate could not beleive was he was hearing ...he called the coastguard and they played hell with him over the vhf but he said it was on autopilot and did not see the boat in its was which was total bull sh-t..
shocking or what tell we what you guys think
this could of been a real nasty outcome

Paul
www.rnli.org.uk/tenby and go through the shouts.dont know if they went out.if they did it will give details hope this helps

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
[email protected] trawlermen like that will kill recreational boaters with that sort of attitude!.

Should get the police involved for the loss of fishing tackle etc

1 - 11 of 11 Posts