World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all im intrested in giving Hengistbury Head groyne a go one weekend but wanted to know what the shortest way to get there is, can you drive the car down ? and what sort of species can it throw up, very keen on the rays and bass.
tight lines all
Matt

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Shortest walk is from the main car park but it will cost you £12 for the day and the gate is locked at 10pm. I usually park in the housing estate or golf course for free but either way, it's abit of a trek with all your gear. You get some good bass around the groyne at night and smaller bass on worm baits in the day. You've also got a chance of turbot, flounder, gar, pollack, plaice and wrasse in the day and sole at night. You'd be better off fishing the beach huts or double ***** for rays but although the moonphase is favourable this weekend, tide times aren't. I think high is 7pm ish. A high in darkness would put you in with a much better chance.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shortest walk is from the main car park but it will cost you £12 for the day and the gate is locked at 10pm. I usually park in the housing estate or golf course for free but either way, it's abit of a trek with all your gear. You get some good bass around the groyne at night and smaller bass on worm baits in the day. You've also got a chance of turbot, flounder, gar, pollack, plaice and wrasse in the day and sole at night. You'd be better off fishing the beach huts or double ***** for rays but although the moonphase is favourable this weekend, tide times aren't. I think high is 7pm ish. A high in darkness would put you in with a much better chance.
Cheers for the info I dont think I will go down for a few weeks yet but will take your advice and try in front of the huts ;)

·
Registered
264 Posts
YEAH SET THE FLAMING DRAG and if you land a afaw 6 and bait rod with a green abu ct3 mag elite with red line its mine

1 - 12 of 12 Posts