World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
up early cruising the sky channels (my god there is some rubbish on) and came across everyones friend mr gilbey and his fishing on the edge and wild fishing programmes all day long :) happy viewing.

channel 252 for quick reference.

G

·
up early cruising the sky channels (my god there is some rubbish on) and came across everyones friend mr gilbey and his fishing on the edge and wild fishing programmes all day long :) happy viewing.

Yea excellent the wife has the car so i am sort of grounded for today at least till this evening.
This will make it a bit more painless :)

·
Global Moderator
5,201 Posts
I'm a watchin' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or I was anyway,til the missus just realised the same episode was on the other day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Intersting stuff! I like his programmes a lot. I also liked the programmes by Matt Hayes, and Rex Hunts' fishing adventures was good. I wish that there was just a few more good angling programmes on the box.

·
Registered
669 Posts

Just been watching it myself,God im hooked now!:clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
Craig,
Been watching and have vidoed nearly all his programmes............great stuff.
I have not seen some of these programmes and think are they a new series.
Does anyone on WSF know if these are a new series...?
Coastman:)

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
Craig,
Been watching and have vidoed nearly all his programmes............great stuff.
I have not seen some of these programmes and think are they a new series.
Does anyone on WSF know if these are a new series...?
Coastman:)
WSF,

Defo new programmes..............unless new to me, but I think not...:uhuh:
Pity no video's at the ready, but will probably repeat, I hope.

Coastman

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
top bloke ,top series's am glued to th box lol or in hg words i am wetting myself lol :clap3: :clap3:

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
Some comments I made earlier on another forum on the general topic of TV angling ....

John Wilson is the nicest bloke you could wish to meet.
I remember him from the early 80s and his small tackle shop in Norwich. Always had time for a word and a cuppa. Fell on rich pickings via the early Anglia TV programmes. Seems to have had a parallel career to Rex Hunt (Oz - without the sporting connections of course).
You love him or 'hate' his mannerisms ... the 'giggle', "Come on my son" and his pre-occupation with Oz vermin (crap! As we say here!).

Matt Hayes - now he can be really annoying; but then at my age, maybe it's just the smooth looks and slick hair! Makes no pretentions when he is on unfamiliar ground and that I admire.

Paul Young ... yep, even I need a Grandad figure (sorry, Paul!). Made the most of a supporting role actor and obviously loves his fishing! Doesn't seem to take kindly to getting his hands dirty, though!
Always playing with his flies!

Now Rexy ... the true showman. He's taught me nothing at all about fishing here, there or overseas! But I still find his programmes infectious and addictive. Bring back Bushy and Steve! Paul and Lee are too young!!!!

Our 'enry!
For a Pubic schoolboy, he has made the most of what he's got. Again, infectious enthusiasm gets the better of the personality. He knows his shore stuff (particularly the rock ledges) and has, I think, become pre-occupied with parts of the world most of us can never reach.
Thank the Lord the pony-tail has gone (for good?). His missus never liked it anyway! It was still nice he made the trip to Selsey on a TSF meet!

I guess Henry gets my vote these days simply because his progs are almost entirely about sea fishing. More UK, less Mbotogrundsfeldthavenfjordland please, Henners!

What say you? ...........

:notworthy
Good stuff and spot on in my view.......or near enough to say.........Great Posting.
Coastman

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Def agree Henry is no.1 on the box for fishing, :clap2: :clap2: can put up with the rest in moderation,but as for Rex Hunt, complete & utter W****R.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Rex Hunt, rhymes with C***

Just an observations, i dont actually mind his programmes. Better than most other stuff on the box. Just turn the sound down to mute!

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
henry is a legend. i like the fact that he shows it how it is. swearing an all. funny on the programe i saw today. "or i might look like a right [email protected] and bring in weed" the [email protected] wasnt quite drowned out. i also like the fact that he is a real person like one of us and most of his fishing i can relate to.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts