World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been allowed to have some fishing time by my lady, after complaining that our last holiday in Wales turned into a ....................:yucky: .........shopping trip.
It seems to have worked as I coming to North Wales for 3 days to fish on my own...:schmoll:
Hope I can catch 2 of the fish from my target species...........think the best choice at this present time would be pollock and bass.
Will take whatever the sea provides with thanks.
Coastman on tour May 14 2007.
Any advice much appreciated, staying in Prestayn but from here to the Llyn Pen and Anglesey awaits.
A excited Coastman........................................................................:clap2:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
If you are after Pollack for species, and not after size, you could try the following venues, using rag and smallish hooks. The other option is to use small sabiki or shrimp type feathers baited with bits of rag.

Ty Croes, Holyhead Breakwater, Llandudno Pier, Trefor Pier.

The secret to all of this venues is to fish close into the side.

As for Bass, without being specific on here, any rocky beach along the North Wales Coast if the weather is calm, places such as Dinas, Llandudno West or North shore and Llandullas fish better with a surf up.

I am on another weeks leave on 14-18 May 07 and know a very good mark I can put you on if you don't mind a walk and own a pair of waders. PM me for details

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
about time coast pm me when u are down il let u no whats the best place too go.shaggy:)

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers for the information which will be very useful when I come to fish.
Will post a report with pictures of my time while I am there and hope there are some fish to go with it.............:) .
Coastman

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
I may be up again between 2nd May - 16th May, dates dependant on pimple collection, plants and garden keeper availablity. Drop me your mobile Coast, I usually stay in Towyn, but the best cod and chips in North Wales is in Prestatyn !

Beware, if you go to Llandulas beach after dark you risk catching crabs ! And not the peeling variety ! PMSL

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I may be up again between 2nd May - 16th May, dates dependant on pimple collection, plants and garden keeper availablity. Drop me your mobile Coast, I usually stay in Towyn, but the best cod and chips in North Wales is in Prestatyn !

Beware, if you go to Llandulas beach after dark you risk catching crabs ! And not the peeling variety ! PMSL
Yes Jo,
When I visited ABC for some bits Malc mentioned something along those lines........but I have been there a few times looking at the fishing potential and was OK................think the length of my rod scared them off..............:roll1:
Coastman:)

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Who knows oh mighty Coasty I may well be about in the vicinity then also.

See Saturday Guardian Weekend magazine for recipes using Pollack!
Swelleyman,
Hope you are around when I come on the 14th........that would be Great !!!
Pwll Ceris (Swellies Rock) you are, and awaits your company................. :)
Coastman

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi all,
Lost my tide table booklet and although they are available on other sites bbc etc, I always seem to slightly miss time the different times between Llandwyn and Penmon. Could any of you good folk give me the HW and LW times at these venues from Monday 14 May to Wednesday 16 May as I then can plan my fishing trips.
Thanks in advance.
Coastman :)

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi all,
Off line as from Friday 11th May 07 as I go to Wales with my girl till Monday 14th.
As from the 14th to the 16th will be fishing and hope to catch some fish but if not no problem as its being there that counts.
Will post a report whatever...........gonna give it a real go though as 3 days x 24 hours gives me a good session to wet a line.
See you on my return...via postings.
Coastman:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts