World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
I didn't know about this "A public right to fish dates to the Digest of Justinian, a Byzantine legal codification, in the sixth century AD." I always thought it only went back to the Magna Carta.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
More than a million people who go sea angling without charge may have to buy a £22 annual licence under a proposal being considered by the Government.

The plan to charge sea anglers in England and Wales the same rate for a licence as freshwater anglers has dismayed hobby fishermen who believe the oceans have been depleted of fish by commercial vessels.

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
Have we not discussed this topic to death?????

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
england and wales ,
i dont understand this at all its madness anglers will travel to ireland and scotland for free fishing and english anglers who cant travel be penalised its madness
the goverment must be trying to latch onto the fishing permit day ticket mindset and make it national to earn a bit of revenue it doesnt make a bit of sense
the freshwater licence was (i might be wrong here btw )supposed to be a national one but scottish angling clubs fund themselves and theres little to no coarse fishing and that stopped the licence being practical here but a sea licence wont be as easy to block up here i imagine and it might only be a matter of time after england has it that we are to get one

·
Registered
516 Posts
Of course the topic should be here and it should also be put on here time and time again! Until the powers that be wake up and start listening to the people that elected them.

The goverment takes the p**s 1st they don't want their expenses to be brought into the public domain by voting against their inclusion into the freedom of imformation act, then they try to steamroller onto us petty taxes that hit the average person to pay for these expenses.

This subject insenses me and I want to write more but I don't want to be slanderous

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I am sorry lads but this government is taking the p**s, not only are they looking to tax us for fishing the coastline but when the new road charges come into force (2012) it will cost god knows how much to get to the coast, We the british public let them do whatever they want and apart from a few complaints at the time they get away with it time and time again. say what you will about the french but i doubt the french government would have such an easy ride if they tried the same tactics in france. we are a nation of mugs

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
Of course the topic should be here and it should also be put on here time and time again! Until the powers that be wake up and start listening to the people that elected them.

The goverment takes the p**s 1st they don't want their expenses to be brought into the public domain by voting against their inclusion into the freedom of imformation act, then they try to steamroller onto us petty taxes that hit the average person to pay for these expenses.

This subject insenses me and I want to write more but I don't want to be slanderous

I agree with you on some issues. But i really dont see the point of putting the same topic on the forum again, and again, and again. If people want information about this topic try searching on here for it instead.

Also, how about writing a letter to the relevant MP. Theres 6 lines of text on this post that could have been written on a sheet of A4 and sent to the Minister involved. Infact thats what everyone should do who feels that strongly about this topic. Lets see we have 13 odd thousand members on this site. If 1,000 people put pen to paper and sent a letter it would have much more impact than a thread on a fishing forum that ultimately ends in a punch up. (Just check old threads for proof!)

Whop.

·
Registered
24,880 Posts
I have just seen the article and trawled through it and found the petition against any sea licence.

I didn't know that there was one ....

:secret: I wonder if we can beat the proposed road charging petition ???

BUT WILL THEY LISTEN ..??????? :g:

·
Wales Team Captain
2,361 Posts
:secret: I wonder if we can beat the proposed road charging petition ???

BUT WILL THEY LISTEN ..??????? :g:
of course they wont 1.8 million signed the road tax petition and they still pushing it though.
what we need is a national blockade of every major road in britian that will make em sit up and think

·
Registered
247 Posts
I didn't know about this "A public right to fish dates to the Digest of Justinian, a Byzantine legal codification, in the sixth century AD." I always thought it only went back to the Magna Carta.
It was never mentioned in the Magna Carta, probably just as well because there is hardly anything left of that now, I think only three paragraphs are still law all the rest have been scrapped over the years.
Although it was a Byzantine legal codification dating back to the sixth century I think it wasn't until Ethelred the Unsuccessful came to the throne that it actually became law.

Joe.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I agree with you on some issues. But i really dont see the point of putting the same topic on the forum again, and again, and again. If people want information about this topic try searching on here for it instead.

Also, how about writing a letter to the relevant MP. Theres 6 lines of text on this post that could have been written on a sheet of A4 and sent to the Minister involved. Infact thats what everyone should do who feels that strongly about this topic. Lets see we have 13 odd thousand members on this site. If 1,000 people put pen to paper and sent a letter it would have much more impact than a thread on a fishing forum that ultimately ends in a punch up. (Just check old threads for proof!)

Whop.
Well if you don't see the point to this thread, why continue to post on it?

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
Well if you don't see the point to this thread, why continue to post on it?

I was merely giving my opinion and advice.:)

·
Registered
133 Posts
i aint read all the papers about the rod license, so forgive my lazy ness, but dose it mention about the amounts of rods that will be covered? ie. is it going to be one licenes, one rod, two liceneses, two rods............. or is it going to be like fresh water where one covers two rods and any more req a second licenes?

15,082 Posts
Good,lets have a rod licence.Lets make it at least £200 a year.Then maybe all the loonies will be cleared out of the equasion.We will then just be left with proper,dedicated anglers.The TV licence is way above this amount and I get far more pleasure fom angling than watching the TV.Infact lets make it £520,just to be on the safe side,thats only £10 a week.
You have to have a licence for most things of pleasure,why not Sea fishing?.....I may star an online petition to suggest it.

·
Banned
44,187 Posts
Good,lets have a rod licence.Lets make it at least £200 a year.Then maybe all the loonies will be cleared out of the equasion.We will then just be left with proper,dedicated anglers.The TV licence is way above this amount and I get far more pleasure fom angling than watching the TV.Infact lets make it £520,just to be on the safe side,thats only £10 a week.
You have to have a licence for most things of pleasure,why not Sea fishing?.....I may star an online petition to suggest it.
Not another petition please!!!! If you do, what ever you do, don't mention pleasure as it will give them further ideas on what to tax!!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts