World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:idea: :idea: :idea: hi all,

does anyone know if herring fishes well off admiralty pier in kent.
had success on lug, squid, macky and sandeel.
also does rag fish well off the pier.

thanks alot

·
Registered
21,236 Posts
just used herring of mumbles pier and it worked fine there,also found it held together better than mackerel:)

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
good for the whiting, and the dogs eat anything so good for them too.

IMO herring is mainly a tipping bait for winter and a ray bait for the boat.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers For The Info Big Guy.
I Think I Will Stick To Mackerel.

Will93

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ragworm's good for plaice on the 1st bend and fished down the wall on boom's for wrasse,bass,scad pollack and other bit's too....dave.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers Dave,

Thanks For The Info. Do You Know Whem The Plaice Will Be At Admiralty Pier.

Will93

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
last year was not a good year for plaice down there.hopefully this year will be better.they should start to show up anytime now though.common lug works for them too and metal booms also to help keep the baits on the sea bed.....dave.

·
Registered
66 Posts
In years gone by, I have fished this venue using herring and lug cocktail, I found it particularly good for cod/codling in winter. Don't know about the summer months though, but it should prove just as effective as mackerel, though probably not as good as freshly caught mackerel.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cheers guys i used herring on monday and i prefery it to mackerel.

will93

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
Herring is good for Thornbacks when uptiding. Ask "Roker Ron" he wil shed some light on the use of herring for rays. As for using it off the shore, i dont see why it shouldnt work the same as mackeral. Doggys will probably love it though.

·
Registered
21,236 Posts
Herring is good for Thornbacks when uptiding. Ask "Roker Ron" he wil shed some light on the use of herring for rays. As for using it off the shore, i dont see why it shouldnt work the same as mackeral. Doggys will probably love it though.

they do.for some reason dabs took a liking to it last saturday as well:g:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I've had good results with fresh herring fillets. I've only ever managed to get my hands on any in eyemouth - off a fishmongers slab. It holds the hook well and will keep fresh in a chilled cool box for several days.

John

1 - 14 of 14 Posts