World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im a noobie to this site, just need a few tips if you lot dont mind helping me out, im a carp fisherman but recently bought my self some sea fishing rods etc.... would really like to no whats the best bait, and places to fish, i went down the pilot pier today and had a go with a few boiles from my carp set up, and actually caught a codling belive it or not! got the pics to prove and will upload later on as im new to the site and dont know exacly what im doing yet, all help will be appreicated Thanks

Peter

·
Registered
903 Posts
Welcome to the site mate.

Sea fishing is all about the right bait at the right time. The most commonly used baits are Rag, Lug, Mackerel, Crab, mussell and sandeel. You can buy all of these at any tackle shop.

Different baits work best at certain times of the year (whatever the fish are feeding on at the time) although you can get fish on anything if your lucky. During winter its typically frozen crab, lug and mussel work best. Summertime and its fresh crab, rag and lug and to be honest everything else.

Fishing is usually best done two hours before and two hours after the turn of the tide (the ebb or the flood) depending on where you are fishing. Rivers and piers can fish at any state of the tide (High water or low water) where as certain beach and rock marks are either HT marks or LT marks (or both in some cases) You need to ask around and learn what fishes and when. Most people here will help you out if you ask.

As for rigs. See this post I made last night http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2785238#post2785238 this should help you.

Use the beginners and Improvers section of the forums to look at frequently asked questions. That's the best place to start.

The best way to get the hang of sea fishing is to find someone who is already doing it to fish with., to show you the ropes. Ask around your local forum and there is usually someone going out when you are. Most of us would be more than happy for you to tag along.

Like I said spend a few hours reading the Beginners forum. It's a lot of help even for experienced anglers.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
oh here we go again with yet another wind up merchant.......:sleeping:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey thanks for the replys, and yeah redrum ill come along, but i go away tonight and be back monday evening and zagman, give me a brake yeah ? a rod i found that fourm very helpfull and i think ill try a few of the technics.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
zagman, give me a brake yeah ?
Yeah no probs.....i'll look forward to being proved wrong, my opinion was starting to form from a post you made at 1:43 this morning......:whistling:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.