World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TerryG's got a new spinning rod and is obviously DEAD KEEN to catch a monster on it!! (bass!!)
So after a 10 hour day, he dragged me back to WORK to fish behind Heysham power station in the hope of snaring that elusive (to us!!) silver bar..

We were hoping to find a suicidal bass but it's a bit early in the year yet for plugging/spinning so we thought we'd hedge our bets and beachcast with fresh peeler too......

Anyhow, two geezers obviously had the same idea as us.......

We thought we saw a sack hanging off one of them with a decent fish in it, but it could have been wishful thinking

TerryG was naturally keen to snag a bass on his new gear.......

We blanked, but that's plugging for you!! Disappointed we didn't even get a flounder on the crab but better men than us have blanked! It felt good just to wet a line again!!

Here's a few more pics of a pleasant evening spent with good company, which is just as important in my view...

Last shot is of the dredger in Heysham harbour....

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
nice pics them rushy:clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

your right about the company as well:)

shame about the bass lads

tightlines.......................daz

·
Registered
328 Posts
long time since i dangled there brings back memories used to get there early in the morning then by dinner time you had loads of holiday makers from the caravan park casting here there and everywhere and taking everything they caught even seen bass at about 8" taken

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
long time since i dangled there brings back memories used to get there early in the morning then by dinner time you had loads of holiday makers from the caravan park casting here there and everywhere and taking everything they caught even seen bass at about 8" taken
its a shame about the number of small undersized bass that have been taken from this mark over the years , thats why it got the name --- carrier bag alley. i,m sure it would be an even better nursery for the area if it was better managed.
theres no doubt, there have been some cracking fish taken as rushy and his mates will confirm, but it would be nice to see them little checkers given a chance

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
:clap3: great report and pickys rushy , wont be long untill you will be queing up along the out flow , :unsure:
cuberd

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
:clap3: nice report and pics there rushy pitty the fish arnt playing at the mo but still you ad a go looked like terry couldent wait to try that new bit of kit was thinking of having a go round the power station but think i will give it a miss for a bit tight lines tony c:clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts