World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just signed up as a member to your forum. I am a complete novice to sea fishing, have had two attemps over the last two weekends resulting in two billy bob blanks and not even a pull on my string! Was not really expecting to haul but was hoping to have a bite.
I am not dispondent as yet as spent the last 12yrs chasing some big carp from hard SE gravel pits, many nights with not a bleep- "effort equals reward" is my saying.
Dont want to know all the years of knowlege you experienced chaps have in one hit as takes the fun out of learning for yourself, just maybe a hint in the right direction.
So far I have tried off the peir at Portsmouth not Clarence tho next along to Southsea with Mackerel feathers and sidewinders.
I only chose this location due to me finding it the easiest to get to from Guildford, would be happy to try another.
I have a weeks holiday from work this week, and will be heading down there for another bash tommrrow this time with bait though.
Any quick tips would be much appreciated, not to fussed what i catch as far from a speci hunter lol.
Regards
Adrian

·
Registered
288 Posts
Welcome to WSF..You need to post in your local area forum mate..Im sure theres lots of people in your area who would only be too pleased to help..

·
Sea Trout Fan
5,980 Posts
keep it simple with rigs / gadgets for a start, a simple 1 hook pat rig or even a pulley rig with some fresh mackerel or fresh lug or rag worm should get you some fish . also a simple float set at a suitable depth should also serve you well.
best thing to do as well is to ask any punters that are fishing where you are as you can't beat local knowledge.

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
Welcome to the forum. This area is fishing very poorly at the moment, it should pick up when the cod and whiting arrive.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for welcome and advice chaps.
As I said before was going to head back down to there pier today..... I had couple of small fish was well pleased with my result even though they were no means monsters 1 mack and 1 pollock so I was told by another angler both on feathers 2hrs after high tide and a move along, first and second casts out where saw the fish moving tight under the peir.
Another angler was also catching these along with a coulpe of bream on worms.
Will be heading back for another attempt tommrrow as learnt few things today..... fish location/observation is important at sea as on a large gravel pit!!!
Regards
Adrian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts