World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just getting back in to sea fishing again after a few years,moved over from england to islandmagee outside Larne. I love rock hoping and fishing light with lures and spinners but also have standard beach casting gear.I would be grateful to hear from anyone who can give me any information on venues and tactics for along the coast.
thanks
adam

·
Registered
201 Posts
ads n.i said:
just getting back in to sea fishing again after a few years,moved over from england to islandmagee outside Larne. I love rock hoping and fishing light with lures and spinners but also have standard beach casting gear.I would be grateful to hear from anyone who can give me any information on venues and tactics for along the coast.
thanks
adam
Hi Adam, you are located at quite a good spot in Islandmagee.

Try the following - Portmuck - very near Islandmagee. Small harbour with good rock fishing close by.

Whitehead - various marks

Go north from Larne to, Glenarm Beach, Garron Point (Good rock fishing), Red Bay (Pier and Ledges), Dalriada (Cushendall), Cushendun Beach

All of these places are good and are within 30-45 minutes of Islandmagee.

Good luck.

GG

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi

Also try Browns Bay beach for flatties or at the big rock half way up the right hand side of the bay with the beachcasting gear. If you want to spin or float fish, the rocks continue all the way from the point at Browns Bay to Portmuck.

Ballylumford harbour also throws up the occasional good fish although it is usually small Wrasse, Pollack & Coalies in close with Doggies after dark.

Lee

1 - 4 of 4 Posts