World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am new to sea fishing and this looks the place for answers. I am a fly fisherman and fish very small and challenging streams. Sea fishing will be the total other end of the scale for me. I start at a disadvantage being the furthest from the sea in all directions living in Buckinghamshire. I travel to the welsh mountains to do my fly fishing so driving to a sea mark will be no problem.

My first challenge is to buy a rod and reel, but whic ones?, I think I will start with shore fishing before moving onto rocks etc... Any advice will be greatly received.

Anyone wants a fishing buddy, PM me and I will be happy to go anywhere at anytime fishing.

Thanks
Ian

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Go and see J.K. TACKLE in Bicester im sure they will be able to poimt you in the right direction, Check with local tackle shops to see if
they organise any boat fishing trips, sometimes you will find that there is a small sea fishing club based in a pub but which ever way you go it will be a 3-4 hour drive to get to the coast

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome mate I was in Bicester for 3 years it drove me mad being so far from sea!! Lol
Good luck and my mate swears by fly fishing for bass!
Cheers mate,
I have some Orvis Bass flies my kids got me for xmas last year. I am looking at fly fishing for bass as well, I was speaking to Matt Hayes about it at a show and he said Bass and Mullet on the fly is like fishing for Bonefish, one hell of a fight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.