World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, sorry I have been rude to you all as I have not introduced myself yet, so here goes.

My name is Chris and I live in Hastings, (someone has to I guess) and I have been fishing around here for more years than I have had hair and I am only 35.

I mainly fish from the shore but have been known to go afloat but thats rare. I used to dig lug for extra money so bait is never a problem, with Rye bay so close. I would still do it now but not for tackle shops anymore, private orders only. I was shocked to find Lug for sale for £2.00+ for ten what a con, that is only about ten(five if your fit) mins work. In fact I used to sell them to a tackle shop in Weymouth, and I can see a lot of you guys are from around there. I have also fished chesil beach, but only caught LSDs and pout. But I have never fished it in the winter.

My favorite fishing venue is Dungeness in the winter, I have had some fantastic fishing there and have never caught a glowing fish. I can't wait for autumn this year. Why don't some of you Chesil beach boys come up and give it ago, and if any of you do we could meet up and have some fishing fun, and maybe I will come down there with some live top quality black lug for some winter fishing.

ATB

Chris

G

·
chesil in winter......night time........force 3-4 sw.......not to be missed(life jackets needed,but not included) :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Master Blanker
3,582 Posts
agree with you viper, hi mate, come and join us down on chesil.......give us a shout, n i'll be there :) matt

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for making me feel welcome, I hope I can share what skills I have with you and likewise.

I will take you up on the trip to chesil this winter, It will be short notice due to work and tides weather etc, maybe just 2 or 3 days. I will bring the bait so no need to worry about that.

What month does it start to get good? Up here cod and whiting appear as early as October, whiting in numbers and cod after a blow. And is lug the top winter bait down there?
Once again thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts