World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I'm not just new to the forum, I'm new to fishing - or near enough as makes no difference.

I'm 32 and live in Larne, County Antrim - so nice and close to the sea.

My total life-time catch list is one 1.2m pike (I'm not exaggerating) in Lough Erne, and two 6 inch unidentified specimens off Ballygally Head. I caught the pike on half a large dead frog on a spinner, with a fly rod (and fly fishing reel from memory) and had to cut it into about eight pieces to get it in a pan. Yum. I did let the tiny fish go.

So my current success rate is 1 fish per decade of existence (I actually caught them all between 16 and 18 years old).

I have no clue about fishing so I thought this forum might help. I recently bought a 3.5m rod for sea fishing. I'm proficient at using a spinner, but was trying to switch to using bait (and a float maybe). When I say proficient I mean I can cast the thing and get it back, but as for catching fish.....well we mentioned that.

As I'm in Larne, I have a really good fishing shop locally, so I need to get some bits and bobs. WIsh me luck, and apologies in advance for the annoying questions.

William

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quite plain. A little greasy and a lot of bones. Wouldn't recommend the chip shops start stocking it. But since I caught it myself it was great.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Ah Canny ye just should stuck the intro up on NI section.:D

Welcome along.

Mark...

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Hi All,
I'm not just new to the forum, I'm new to fishing - or near enough as makes no difference.

I'm 32 and live in Larne, County Antrim - so nice and close to the sea.

My total life-time catch list is one 1.2m pike (I'm not exaggerating) in Lough Erne, and two 6 inch unidentified specimens off Ballygally Head. I caught the pike on half a large dead frog on a spinner, with a fly rod (and fly fishing reel from memory) and had to cut it into about eight pieces to get it in a pan. Yum. I did let the tiny fish go.

So my current success rate is 1 fish per decade of existence (I actually caught them all between 16 and 18 years old).

I have no clue about fishing so I thought this forum might help. I recently bought a 3.5m rod for sea fishing. I'm proficient at using a spinner, but was trying to switch to using bait (and a float maybe). When I say proficient I mean I can cast the thing and get it back, but as for catching fish.....well we mentioned that.

As I'm in Larne, I have a really good fishing shop locally, so I need to get some bits and bobs. WIsh me luck, and apologies in advance for the annoying questions.

William
Welcome aboard m8 by the time these guys finish you'll be able to catch all sorts. Tight lines

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.