World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone hope your all ok and ice to meet you ! I've just joined the forum I don't normally go on forums but got so many questions and I can't find the awnsers online
I've only been sea fishing off Bognor pier for a month and a half and I love it ! It's my favourite thing I love doing it and so far I'm the only women up there ! I have made some great friends, the first day I never been fishing but caught a small smoothie
But since haven't caught anything I've been getting loads of bites but not catching , I don't strike straightaway, I wait but then I reel in and there is nothing there. I'm using size 1 and 2 hooks Aberdeen and using Aberdeen size 4's and using mackerel and rag as bait. Someone said to me the weight should just be bouncing on the seabed, is this true ? And if I'm casting out far how do I check it is bouncing I'm using a 2 flapper rig and a boom rig with a distance lead , everyone on the pier is catching fish and I'm blanking every time does anyone else fish up there think I need a fishing session with someone who would see what I'm doing wrong.
Thankyou for all your help ☺

·
WSF Primary Administrator.
63,619 Posts
Welcome to WSF :)

·
Premium Member
17,821 Posts
Welcome where do you fish again ? I'll be there tomorrow :roflpuke:eek:nly kidding. You should meet up with fishingmad26 that's his neck of the woods, & he can show you how to blank :confused:

·
Banned
14,950 Posts
If your free this Friday night in holding a meet at aldwick by the boat yard will be loads of people from this forum going perfect opportunity to meet some new people learn new things get the advice u need watch what others r doing and hopefully catch some fish lol its nothing serious just a friendly meet up u r more than welcome to pop along we will be there from 7:30pm :)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Like Alex says come along to the meet we are all friendly people :) Alex will be giving us all tips and fishing instructions for the local area he's the local guru and know's the pier extremely well he's blanked there lots too :Dso your in great company (in fact the meet was going to be on the pier but we was worried about it collapsing under the weight of 20+ people) and maybe the lack of room ;)
Anyway please pop down we'll be glad to have you and any friends you want to bring down too, more the merrier :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thankyou so much everyone :)
I never knew there was a angling meet there I've been trying to find out where one is , but I'm working that night :( I'd rather be fishing ;) lol
Thankyou for the help everyone is the meeting every Friday ?

·
Banned
14,950 Posts
Thankyou so much everyone :)
I never knew there was a angling meet there I've been trying to find out where one is , but I'm working that night :( I'd rather be fishing ;) lol
Thankyou for the help everyone is the meeting every Friday ?
Hi :) no it's not every Friday. This is the first meet I have organised. We will do a different meet every month, next month is chesil beach which if u can get there u r more than welcome to come along to :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ahh ok Thankyou , is Chesil beach far from Bognor I think I've heard of it. It can't remember where it is

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Hi everyone hope your all ok and ice to meet you ! I've just joined the forum I don't normally go on forums but got so many questions and I can't find the awnsers online
I've only been sea fishing off Bognor pier for a month and a half and I love it ! It's my favourite thing I love doing it and so far I'm the only women up there ! I have made some great friends, the first day I never been fishing but caught a small smoothie
But since haven't caught anything I've been getting loads of bites but not catching , I don't strike straightaway, I wait but then I reel in and there is nothing there. I'm using size 1 and 2 hooks Aberdeen and using Aberdeen size 4's and using mackerel and rag as bait. Someone said to me the weight should just be bouncing on the seabed, is this true ? And if I'm casting out far how do I check it is bouncing I'm using a 2 flapper rig and a boom rig with a distance lead , everyone on the pier is catching fish and I'm blanking every time does anyone else fish up there think I need a fishing session with someone who would see what I'm doing wrong.
Thankyou for all your help ☺
Get intouch with Alex fishingmad26 he give you some good advice about Bognor.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Get intouch with Alex fishingmad26 he give you some good advice about Bognor.
Shame he don't know about where the fish are ;) :D problem with Bognor it's a summer season town and the fish seem to know it too, they see the gates to Butlins closed and bugger off

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the help everyone :) been working so much haven't had a chance to get out and the conditions today look really good anyone going fishing today ?
Good luck and tight lines ;)

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
if you can fish chesil from bognor I'll give you the money myself :-D.. welcome the the forum bud.go show Alex how to fish the pout farm

1 - 20 of 31 Posts