World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
My name is Paul
Recently started fishing again after having my old fishing gear stolen a few years ago, my 8 y/o son wanted to go so I've bought some gear, then some more gear and just now even more, so nearly fully set up again with 2 rods each seat boxes etc......

I used to fish a LOT in Eastbourne and used to use Tony's Tackle all the time, :) Tony Kerridge hiya if your on here it's Paul ex-taxi driver.

Anyway that's enough from me
Be nice getting to know some like minded fisherman

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Gordon,
Yes I've only done Brighton marine twice but blanked both times :confused:, we usually go down Shoreham harbour west arm as it's quite safe for him being only 8 and we have been catching most times albeit most of it is a bit too small to take but we have been catching some plaice, couple of garfish, whiting etc... , I did take the boy down by the lighthouse next to the lifeboat station for some casting practice and it was quite funny bless him he's trying a 9 foot pier rod and it's still proving a little big for him.

can't wait until next week though as I've just ordered myself a Leeda Icon M-Sport ultra Beach caster (should be with me Tuesday) I've read some brilliant write ups on these rods so thought I would give one a go, used to be a Zziplex brand monkey after hanging around with Tony Kerridge for so many years but decided I'm not doing that this time around.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
m sport ultra , shark rod :D:D:D:D ,got a ultra myself for conger ,only rod I know that casts 10 oz :eek:
Yes so I read that's partly the reason I went for it, got a couple of rods now for shore fishing but I wanted something that not only could I use off the beach but something that would be good on rough ground and to catch the bigger fish but I could blast out with a big weight on in rough weather, I can't wait till it arrives :)

·
WSF Primary Administrator.
66,731 Posts
Welcome to WSF :)

Reactions: 87412

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Yes so I read that's partly the reason I went for it, got a couple of rods now for shore fishing but I wanted something that not only could I use off the beach but something that would be good on rough ground and to catch the bigger fish but I could blast out with a big weight on in rough weather, I can't wait till it arrives :)
The Ron Thompson accelerator good rough ground rod for the money.

·
WSF Primary Administrator.
66,731 Posts
Welcome to WSF:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.