World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Tony from Southampton.
Keen carp/coarse angler for years - but now and again I beach fish - Hill Head area generally.
Occasionally boats.
Been fishing since I was 6 years old - I'm 59 now.
Started with solid glass rods and Penn Sea boy -- My tackle has moved with the times.
Now Sonic SK3 XTR and Shimano Ultegra.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm Tony from Southampton.
Keen carp/coarse angler for years - but now and again I beach fish - Hill Head area generally.
Occasionally boats.
Been fishing since I was 6 years old - I'm 59 now.
Started with solid glass rods and Penn Sea boy -- My tackle has moved with the times.
Now Sonic SK3 XTR and Shimano Ultegra.
Welcome Tony

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Welcome tony I got one of them sonic myself there a nice rods since they've started getting the blanks off a different company. There early stuff a lot people were snapping them but since they sorted the problem out manage to produce a decent rod. I've heard on the grape vine there new rod due out next is better still.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome tony I got one of them sonic myself there a nice rods since they've started getting the blanks off a different company. There early stuff a lot people were snapping them but since they sorted the problem out manage to produce a decent rod. I've heard on the grape vine there new rod due out next is better still.
Thanks George. I haven't snapped mine yet!! Rods have come on in leaps and bounds since my solid glass rods. The Sonics will do me for a few years yet - can't buy new beach casters for a while yet as I've just spent a serious chunk of my kids inheritance on century carp rods, Shimano mag reels and alarms.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts