World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got enough equipment to get started,i think. And im looking to go fishing off piers or rocks because it looks fun to start off with.I live in kent and was just wondering if anyone knows of the best places for this kind of fishing all year round? I was also wondering about the tides and what time to be on the beach by to get the most of the day.
thx for any help

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi mate welcome to the site, I am also fairly new to this site but not new to fishing. I only fish from beaches, but what I can say is that I did start off with fishing from Hastings pier. Not only do you not need to cast far, you can learn so much from other anglers. Once you have learned to cast a good distance, you can try fishing from beaches which I find more of a challange.

Not coming from Kent and never fished any piers from that area I am not best to tell you where to go, but Deal pier always gets lots of attention as does all the piers at Dover. Fishing from the the piers at Dover can produce the same results as fishing from a boat, it is into very deep water. Again that is what I have heard or read about.

As for tides etc, get yourself a tide table book for your area. What I do is find the biggest tides(every 2 weeks) and chose the tides that fall around midday/night high water, and fish from low water which will be around 7am/pm and fish to around 2 hours after high water. That is only a guide it don't always work out that way. Basically fish from low water up to high water, the flood as we call it. The fish come in to feed in this time.

I would not recommend fishing from rocky marks untill you got enough experiance, unless it is perfectly safe and maybe just float fishing if you do. If you do, go with a mate or tell someone exactly where your going.

Have fun and take care, Chris A.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts