World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi , first post on what looks like an A1 forum . haven,t been fishing long but quickly learning good catches are few & far between. my local beach is seaton {looe}, tell me, does anyone ever catch on what looks like a good beach ?

·
Registered
409 Posts
hi pete welcome to the site, i'm not from near you but i'm sure someone on here is and will get back to you on your question

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Pete,

Welcome to the Forum.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
67 Posts
I Live in Liskeard and fish seaton beach on the odd ocasions, it used to be very productive, but as most places its not as good as it was, but it does through up the odd good fish,Sharrow and Thrievy(not sure on that spelling)are more productive thou these are further along the whitsand bay area.

Hope this is of some use to you..

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the warm reception gents , fished under saltash bridge tonight , verry slow , had a couple whiting & a small bass on lug ,my mate had a doggie. saved frozen peeler for after dark but the weed beat us to a retreat , i hear good bass have been taken further up river at awell known spot .

·
Registered
24 Posts
PETE if you can get your hands on some prawn youd be in with a good chance of a thornback or two,but ideally you need to find the deeper gullies.good luck

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
andrew.fm said:
I Live in Liskeard and fish seaton beach on the odd ocasions, it used to be very productive, but as most places its not as good as it was, but it does through up the odd good fish,Sharrow and Thrievy(not sure on that spelling)are more productive thou these are further along the whitsand bay area.

Hope this is of some use to you..
i know freathy but never fished there , was told it is not wise to leave your car there at night , where do you find sharrow ? , looking for some where local for sat evening .

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Pete,
Havn't fished Seaton for some years but have had some great times there.Odd very big bass encountered but fairly long casting required-lug or squid was my favoured bait. Did however see a local fishing just behind breaking waves catch more bass in a session than I had caught in whole season-he was fishing about 20 yards out with prawn bait. I am much too macho to fish close in so went home with clean hands. Favoured mark seems to be in line with where sea wall bends towards Downderry or by stream outlet at opposite end of beach.
Pouting were often a bloody nuisance at night.
Talking of Downderry the biggest bass I have ever seen was caught there-from the end of the sewer pipe on prawn at low water.Seems to be a pattern forming in respect of bait eh.
Further along the beach is Bass rock-can be recognised by its being the first rock structure to extend into the sea and by being directly below the sharp bend in the road leading out of Downderry. Never did catch any bass there(saw loads when snorkeling tho') but wrasse and mullet fishing great.Fished from the end of Bass rock falling back with tide finishing up by fishing in location of large 'rock pool' on Looe side of structure. Futher on past Mercury point there was good bass fishing but you are cut off at high tide unless you take the footpath up the cliffs-lot of adders up there however.This beach is used by naturists but that wasn't a problem for me as long as I could keep me socks on.
Dissjointed ramblings I know but I enjoyed so many happy times there-I hope you will too.
Regards,
John

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Didgeridub said:
Hi Pete,
Havn't fished Seaton for some years but have had some great times there.Odd very big bass encountered but fairly long casting required-lug or squid was my favoured bait. Did however see a local fishing just behind breaking waves catch more bass in a session than I had caught in whole season-he was fishing about 20 yards out with prawn bait. I am much too macho to fish close in so went home with clean hands. Favoured mark seems to be in line with where sea wall bends towards Downderry or by stream outlet at opposite end of beach.
Pouting were often a bloody nuisance at night.
Talking of Downderry the biggest bass I have ever seen was caught there-from the end of the sewer pipe on prawn at low water.Seems to be a pattern forming in respect of bait eh.
Further along the beach is Bass rock-can be recognised by its being the first rock structure to extend into the sea and by being directly below the sharp bend in the road leading out of Downderry. Never did catch any bass there(saw loads when snorkeling tho') but wrasse and mullet fishing great.Fished from the end of Bass rock falling back with tide finishing up by fishing in location of large 'rock pool' on Looe side of structure. Futher on past Mercury point there was good bass fishing but you are cut off at high tide unless you take the footpath up the cliffs-lot of adders up there however.This beach is used by naturists but that wasn't a problem for me as long as I could keep me socks on.
Dissjointed ramblings I know but I enjoyed so many happy times there-I hope you will too.
Regards,
John
john i think people fish the bend in the wall because its easy , i think between the end of the wall and rock armour has more potential , had my rod pulled from its stand one night & another ithink i was beaten by a conger , one day i will succeed .

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
W.T.F thats it ,i have totaly lost the plot now,waiting for the men in white coats to take me on holiday :doh:

·
Wiggle it just a little bit
9,012 Posts
I think this may be the first recorded case of somebody actually using the search button! :eek:hmy: :notworthy

·
Official Jokes Forum Examiner
61,171 Posts

·
Doggystyles
5,037 Posts
you gotta love this site sometimes, pmsl :crazy:

oh yea and welcome fella lol :roll1: :roll1:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.