World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Someone mentioned before that HIS in Inverness were selling live-bait. Anyone know exactly what their selling now?

Cheers

Bob

·
Registered
1,373 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Morning all...

Next time I am in I will have a look in the fridges and maybe also suggest to Nigel (the HIS fishing section chap) that he might want to keep an eye on this forum section.

Not condoning commercial spamming but I would have thought that forum members would not have a problem if a supplier responded to this type of thread with good factual information.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers Gadgee, much appreciated. :thumbs:

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
266 Posts
Just phoned them, seemed an easy solution.
They sell pike baits, frozen, and live worms. No rag or lug, no sandeels, no peelers etc

Bill

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just phoned them, seemed an easy solution.
They sell pike baits, frozen, and live worms. No rag or lug, no sandeels, no peelers etc

Bill
Cheers bud. :thumbs:

·
Captain Chaos!
3,694 Posts
With a large selection of freshwater and sea tackle why wouldn't they supply live-bait?? :g:

Hiya, If they sell so much, which I had no idea about.... why dont they put it on their website.:g:.or is it, and I've missed it ??. Might be an idea to have a chat with them , if you are in there at some point...:)

I have driven through/past Inverness a few times, on the way to Scrabby, and if I had known they sell tackle, etc, I would have called in, specially when its just off the dual carriageway :):) Cos, theres always something I forgot !!:cry:

Aha...Just had a look, it MIGHT be tucked away in the Clothing ,Footwear, and Fieldsports dept !!!! Other than that....no mention anywhere....how come they got so big in tackle, when its so hush hush !!!!:secret:

http://www.hisltd.co.uk/departments.html

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Norrie

The tackle section is to the right, upstairs from the machinery and has grown recently to include rods, reels, terminal tackle and now it appears a small selection of bait although no rag, peelers etc :cry:
If you have time the tackle shop up from MacDonalds has a larger range of tackle although you have to dig around to find it.

Cheers

Bob

P.S - The HIS website does appear to be quite poor and doesnt seem to include any fishing tackle.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well done for phoning Connonfisher. I had cause to phone them last week on a different matter and getting through to the Sports Department was not easy!

(I notice that the chap from Argyl(?) is staging his regular tackle sale in the usual Dingwall hotel this weekend. Would not say his prices are special but he gets an amazing amount of stuff into the room and he seems to know his stuff.)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi folks

I thought that the range of fishing gear at HIS was pretty good and the prices were excellent. Pirks and hokkais for dirt cheap - I wouldn’t buy from anywhere else in the highlands. I thoroughly recommend them.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Well done for phoning Connonfisher. I had cause to phone them last week on a different matter and getting through to the Sports Department was not easy!

(I notice that the chap from Argyl(?) is staging his regular tackle sale in the usual Dingwall hotel this weekend. Would not say his prices are special but he gets an amazing amount of stuff into the room and he seems to know his stuff.)
Aye, was there 3 weeks ago too, got some terminal tackle etc from him. He was doing a great deal on Scierra bags, but while I was pondering a purchase, some plonker came in and bought all 6 of em :uhuh:

Bill

1 - 15 of 15 Posts