World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Drove down to the Solent with the aim of fishing low water at Hill Head for Plaice/Bass and staying on for the evening tide to see if I could winkle out a thornie. Alas the predicted 14mph winds were more like 25mph gusting to 40mph and despite giving it a crack at low water I was a wimp and retreated to the car freezing and wind blasted. With a load of bait to use up I made my way to the good old haslar wall (it was busy given the conditions) and fished the evening tide with lots of pout to about 10oz and a rockling - pretty dissapointing. I saw a small doggie landed but otherwise it was just small stuff.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Drove down to the Solent with the aim of fishing low water at Hill Head for Plaice/Bass and staying on for the evening tide to see if I could winkle out a thornie. Alas the predicted 14mph winds were more like 25mph gusting to 40mph and despite giving it a crack at low water I was a wimp and retreated to the car freezing and wind blasted. With a load of bait to use up I made my way to the good old haslar wall (it was busy given the conditions) and fished the evening tide with lots of pout to about 10oz and a rockling - pretty dissapointing. I saw a small doggie landed but otherwise it was just small stuff.
hi andy
next time your down
pm richard b or myself we were at browndown last night till 2300

·
Registered
872 Posts
me and ivor was at haslar wall yesterday day i had a small pollock and ivor ended up with the same but his got grabbed by a 4 poundish bass that let go at the end due to having size 1 clipped down rig:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts