World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed out to Hive beach (Burton Bradstock) on Friday night. To be honest I went with very high hopes. I'd done a fair bit of prep before going. New rigs, new line, almost ideal weather, what I thought was the correct bait (can't get crabs). Got there, rising tide, thought "here we go"...

Was tough. Probably the wrong place at the wrong time. Didn't blank, but had to wait a long time for a few dog fish. Not great at all. I was also expecting more fish on the flood, but almost all bites and the fish came on the ebb. Also probably could have scratched for more fish if I had worm... But I wanted a ray. Several people on the beach who I spoke to had blanked. I spoke to another guy on the way to the car who had had 2 dogs and a pouting, but that was his lot too.

Don't suppose that was anyone on here?

Slightly demoralised, but I'll get there.

Full write up on the link below

·
Registered
711 Posts
I fished abbo Thursday tea time till Friday tea time and only managed 5 dogs and a surprise black bream. Crabs were an issue for me plus lots of rot/slime in the water. Only saw 1 mackerel landed by all the chuckers. Pretty poor for the majority last weekend.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The crabs were an issue on the flood, lots of bait being stripped. It was like a switch went off. 40 minutes before high tide, crabs just stopped. Then I started getting relatively frequent bites. Was getting the occasional clump of green weed on the line too. No slime though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts