World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
HEJ. Jag flytta snart till göteborg men vet inte var man kan fiske. Kan du hjälp? kanske det finns en bra speciallt plats?
Jag fiske med (lures???) för havsabborre, örring och makrill.
Förlåt min svenska kunskaper jag har bara lerde mig svenska i två år.
Robert newman.

HELLO. I soon will move to Gothenburg, but do not know where to fish. Can you help? Perhaps there is a good place especially?
I fish with lures for sea bass, trout and mackerel.
Forgive my Swedish knowledge I have only taught myself Swedish for two years

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Robert
These two Swedish forum members - Alessandro and Gotish – should be able to help. If they haven’t replied in a day or so it might be worth contacting them by Private Message.

Just by way of background Mattias (aka Gotish) posted this general note, a sticky, of Sweden’s fishing potential - http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204128. Might be worth reading?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Welcome to sweden :)

Firstly I want to say that you have choosed a good city to live in. I lived there myself for over a year and really liked it. If you want feel free to ask anything from locations, good apartments area, entertainment etc, and i will try to help you as much I can.

Secondly your swedish is good, some grammar and spelling problems ( my own english is not the best either :nerd: ) but i dont have any problem understanding you. :sun:

What about the fishing then? Check out the my Swedish tread in the forum its mostly basic stuff and pretty general. The problem with the swedish tread is that it focus on the baltic sea, sweden´s east coast. Gothenburg is on the west coast and therefore the coast fishing is quite different, due to the higher salt level.

Some basic things about fishing in sweden then:

Fishing in the sea is free and you dont need a license, but lakes and rivers is restricted and you need a license for fishing them. Some waters in gothenburg are controlled very often for poachers so remember to always have your license with you. In sweden the "Controllers" ( fishing police is maybe a better word?) have legal support to confiscate your fishing equipment plus issue a fine.

The most popular fishing is without a doubt fishing for Pike in rivers and lakes. Its the most common fishing type and proberly the easiest one due to one can find pike in almost all lakes and rivers. Perch fishing is also popular and can be worth looking up. Other popular lure fishing species are trout, cod, mackarel, garpike (when in season), Zander (or walleye, dont remember wich one the european is :sad: ) and Salmon.

Something thats really big in sweden now is "jerk fiske", "jerk fishing" in english. If you are fishing with lures for pike you should defenitly take a look at this method, its very interesting. Big lures that you controll the movement of by moving the rod upp and down when reeling in the lure. Just ask and i will help you out more with articles and help about the method.

Use catch and release on Pike, Salmon, Trout, Zander, and none will be offended. Remember that most serious fishermen in sweden are using it and it can be a sensetive question. So use catch and release if you fish with people you never met before, at least untill you get to know them.

A great place to meet swedish anglers is http://www.fiskesnack.com/ and http://www.sportfiskeforum.se/. By reading your post i think you know enough swedish to found these forums usefull, otherwise just ask and i can post a "contact" thread for you, helping you find good anglers. Suedes generally have a decent english skill.

Lets focus on Gothenburg now :nerd:

Fishing by the coast:

Gothenburgs coast is a archipelago where fishing is pretty depending on season. At the summer the mackarel, garpike and mullet moves into the shore and is very popular game species during that time of the year. Night fishing for trout is also very popular during the summer. Myself fished very little at the coast when i lived there so i cant really recomend any hot spot but ask the locals. Hotspots for Sea trout can be quite hard to find cause people tend to keep these places for themself but just keep trying and you eventually find one.

There are some tour boats up north a couple of miles that is deep sea fishing but its mostly crap. If you want to have good deep sea fishing youll proberly need to know someone with a boat. The deep sea fishing is not as good as in norway thou, but worth checking up maybe?

Ask for help at Stjärnås sportfiske they are a fishing shop with good reputation. Other shops are also good, but i would personally recommend this one.

Fishing in lakes and rivers:

In Gothenburg thay have a license called Gula kortet or "Yellow car" which is a license for 53 lakes and rivers in the area. It only cost 300kr. Buy it!

"Göta älv" and "Säveån" is two rivers that are very popular when you are fishing for big Pike and trout. Check these up, remember that it can be different licenses for different areas at the river.

If you like rainbow trout fishing then i can recommend "Svartedalen" north of gothenburg. A really nice area with beutifull nature.

"Lilla edet" north of Gothenburg have very good salmon fishing during.

Where are you living? Do you have a car?

Well thats all for now but just ask and i will try to help you out in any way i can.

//Mattias

·
Registered
176 Posts
Havsabborre=seabass, mainly caught at the varm water from the nuclear powerstation at Ringhals.
Makrill=Makrell, can´t give any specific advice, only caught it myself in
Ireland.
Öring=brown trout, closed season part of the year on the west coast.
Check out the list at www.sportfiskarna.se the official records of Swedish catches on rod.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Havsabborre=seabass, mainly caught at the varm water from the nuclear powerstation at Ringhals.
Just want to point out that i think the fishing spot at ringhals is restricted area, since 2007. Since 2007 the nuclearplants in sweden have increased the restricted area around the nuclearplants, and I think the fishing area at ringhals is included in the new area. Not sure 100% sure thou, but can be worth mentioning.

//Mattias

·
Registered
176 Posts
Just want to point out that i think the fishing spot at ringhals is restricted area, since 2007. Since 2007 the nuclearplants in sweden have increased the restricted area around the nuclearplants, and I think the fishing area at ringhals is included in the new area. Not sure 100% sure thou, but can be worth mentioning.

//Mattias
Good point, the signs are up I guess where you're allowed to fish or not?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Robert,I'm a Brightonian living in Goteborg,have been here for quite awhile now.Sea fishing here is a lot differant to the UK.Its harder IMHO.As for spikeys,I'm afraid there are'nt any around here,but not too far south from here or north you'll find them.Otherwise sea trout is popular from the coast although a lot of people have boats here to get out to the deeper water.One thing you'll notice is that the tide here is almost non exsistant.

Robert pm me your email and I'll mail you back mate.Give you a shopping list as well;)

Paul

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! Im also an englishman living in Gothenburg

Ive just begun to sea fish (after many years of course fishing in the UK) on my home island of Brännö and would like to pick your learned brains about any good fishing spots that you know of or any tips on lures etc.
I have already read 'Gotish' s great post on fishing in sweden but was wondering if any of you have any specific local advice for the södra skärgården?
Thanks in advance!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts