World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I'm returning to Beachcasting after a few years off, I'm looking at some holdalls and have seen the following Daiwa Sandstorm Sea Fishing Rod Holdall - DSSRH1 and I was wondering if any members have one of these and can tell me what like they are? Also if anyone has any alternative recommendations I would love to hear what ya got. Basically, i have to get 2 13ft beachcasters in and I bit for strapping on a tripod. I'm completely open to suggestion so feel free to recommend. Many thanks.

Alexander

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Don't want to put you off buying one, but I bought another make that would take up to 4 rods on the outside with room inside for the shelter, and after a couple of trips to the beach, I stopped using it

I now have two rods and my tripod, done up together with a couple of bungee cords, for walking to and from the car to my chosen spot on the beach, and it works fine

·
Registered
373 Posts
Large Ian Golds rod holdall does the job and has the bonus of doubling up as a sleeping matt on the shingle when fully unzipped !

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Large Ian Golds rod holdall does the job and has the bonus of doubling up as a sleeping matt on the shingle when fully unzipped !
Cheers mate. You don't have a link to it do ya? as I'm having trouble finding it.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
That Daiwa holdall is alright. I've had one for a couple of years or so now. Mainly used to keep everything together in the car and short walks, say 10 mins or so to marks. Holds 2 rods, tripod and an igloo in the main compartment. Pockets on the outside but I've never had to use them.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That Daiwa holdall is alright. I've had one for a couple of years or so now. Mainly used to keep everything together in the car and short walks, say 10 mins or so to marks. Holds 2 rods, tripod and an igloo in the main compartment. Pockets on the outside but I've never had to use them.
Aye aye cheers for that...That's all I was thinking on using it for a 20min hike from the car to get my rods and tripod over the shoulder and backpack on and charge!! Thanks very much for the advice mate :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts