World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I'm in the market for a new rod holdall. It needs to hold & protect 2 Greys GRX-S's, so will be at least 7' long. Ideally it will be light but able to protect the rods, tripod & umbrella. It has to be manageable too, as I'd like to use it on my bike! It shouldn't cost a fortune either. Been looking at Shakespeare or Mustad, but open to recommendations!

Cheers!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The SALT is excellent IMO
Good to hear Spitfire, been looking at the SALT on fleabay & it sounds just right. Got a couple of questions for you m8:

Does it hold a tripod & umbrella?
Does it have padding or protection?
What would it be like on a bike?

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Abu make a great rod holdall. They are navy blue in colour, 7' 7" long and made of good quality strong canvas. The holdall is extremely well made and takes four multiplier rung rods (in their individual bags) easily in the two compartments. When you fold the two compartments together you can strap a brolly and tripod between them with the holdall straps provided? The straps are quite strong too. It also has about six inches of black waterproof material at the bottom which forms a pouch to stop the strapped in items from slipping through. Also the shoulder strap is well padded. I picked mine up on ebay a while ago for less than £15 plus postage for a brand new one. I don't think there's any on there at the moment but an Abu dealer should be able to tell if they're still available.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Firstly its extendable and will fit longer rods (look online for the dimensions)- has a strap and handle you can adjust the position to balance the load (set of 3 spaced "click clips")

there are plenty of pockets (one big enough for 2 or 3 spinning reels) and enough clips to secure 1or 2 tripods (theres a short pocket at the base where the clips run to pocket the bottom of the tripod so it doesnt slip out. Base is protected.

Generally well made - I carry 4 rods in it and it has space for a couple more.

As to the bike - I would imagine the adjustable (position) carry strap might help a bit

cheers

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Good to hear Spitfire, been looking at the SALT on fleabay & it sounds just right. Got a couple of questions for you m8:

Does it hold a tripod & umbrella? A yes

Does it have padding or protection? A it's a holdall rods completely zipped in

What would it be like on a bike? A what type pedal or motor.

Cheers!
Go for the salt its better quality and more versatile with strap's being able to move.

·
Registered
138 Posts
thought thats a good idea, i'll have me one of them was going to order direct from jims.org but the postage came up at £7.50p?
len

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts