World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the wind turning west - sw for this weekend me and a few other made the effort to get out as much as poss.

we arrived at low water, to be greeted with a flat sea and a gusty breeze, things where slow to start but at about half tide up Carl was 1st into a cod of about 2.5lb, shortly after i had one about the same size, then i hear Graham shouting down the beach as tho he had just found a £1000 note laid on the beach, he had beached his 1st smoothy, only small but it was his 1st ever, well done G

about 5 mins later i had a little "tap tap" on the rod tip and beached this monster! ;D

not 5 mins later on john shouted across he had a better hound
it was about 3lb but still a welcome sight

things then went quiet up until about 1 hour before hi-water
when i had 2 slack liners on the trot, one was a small thorny about 1lb and the other was a thorny of 3lb 12oz

Things went dead over hi water (as always) until darkness fell and the tide began to ebb then the bass came out to play
john had a nice fish about 3lb 1st

then i had 3 in about 10 mins 1 after the other best was around the 2lb mark

Then right at the end, Graham had a small thorny and 2 bass

not bad for 4 hours fishin
And some people will tell u the holderness coast is not as good as people make out!!

mack

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Well done Chris. I made it to the coast yesterday with a mate. Badly twisted my ankle the day before so the plan to fish the venue you showed me went out of the window and I painfully hobbled my way down to the beach at Mappleton. Both blanked! Loads of pipefish everywhere though - dried on the beach and live in the weed we were pulling in.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Jesus macky some sesh that good few species in a short sesh. Hope i can get down your way this year for my 1st hound. Cracking report and pics.Well done lads:notworthy

·
Registered
637 Posts
well done cris an nice species list for a short session, i fished will dave(jv) today (read report on it ) and i mentioned we should have had a dodge down your way today, you will have to make your own mind up if it was the right decision

·
Banned
1,318 Posts
well done cris an nice species list for a short session, i fished will dave(jv) today (read report on it ) and i mentioned we should have had a dodge down your way today, you will have to make your own mind up if it was the right decision
Think anyone would of been glad with either of your trips over the weekend, looks like the summer fishings well and truly on its way in. Got some fresh peelers on the way for this weekend :clap3: a trip down to the holderness way may be in order :)

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Added this crackin bass to the tally last night
not sure on the weight but it would have been very close to 5lb as it was the thickest set bass i ever seen

and the fight on film (good one sean)

And some more pics curtousey of sean B ( did that look proffesional sean?)
Some more pics by Ace photographer Sean

1 - 20 of 35 Posts