World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after an enjoyable nights fishing on Friday on Holderness coast fished the same mark again today.

Arrived at 1pm to find the beach matched out completely but having travelled 65 miles we weren't going to miss out. Found a plateau around the point on the clay cliffs that put us about 15ft above the high water mark clambered up and waited for the tide to cut us off. The sea state was flat and at a push we could have climbed our way out of any difficulty if the waves started to build so figured it was a safe vantage point for the 3 hours we'd be cut off. Certainly wouldn't have done it if the sea state had been "lively" !

Launched bait after bait at the horizon, into the gullies under the cliffs and just about everywhere else I could think of. For my efforts I pulled up...... wait for it.........

2 W H I T I N G !

Wahey ! Neither of them measured more than 6", the baits were bigger than the fraggin fish ! Greedy little beggars !

My mate managed a dab, didn't even register a bite it was so small.

So that was it, 3 fish for 6 hours graft, left absolutely covered in mud after the scramble down the cliff, I'm gonna stick me floaty on tommora and get our lass to jet wash me ! seriously, it's that bad...lol !

Its festering in the motor overnight, couldn't face the clean up job tonight. The beach was littered with freshly fallen clay boulders when the tide went out, no wonder there is so much colour in the water down there.

Had a butchers at the match weigh in before I left... whiting, whiting, whiting and more fliipin whiting. Saw a couple of flatties and apparently one fella had a couple of cod, only small though.

Never the less an enjoyable day out.

.......As we were setting up a couple of lads wandered down past us kitted up with plugging rods and chest waders, I dont know the area to well but they were in for some wade down to the next beach for an exit point. It's clay cliffs all the way for what looks like 2 miles. hmmmm wonder how they got on ....

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Unlucky mate.... you can get lathered on those cliffs mate.... even if you get up cleanly you get lathered helping the not quite so fit & agile, don,t you Paul mate....pmsl.... Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts