World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can obtain small quantities of assorted hole bungs. I'm only talking cosmetic stuff here. Rather than fill and sand small holes I've drilled in the superstructure (and now no longer need) I want to insert a white plastic or rubber bung. The holes are generally between 3mm and 6mm
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excuse my ignorance but is a motor factor the same as a car accessory shop? eg Halfords
Mike

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Partco or Brown brothers Mike, they sell assortment boxes, a lot cheaper than Halfords.

You can also make a neat job of it with a dab of Sikaflex and smooth it off with a wet finger.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Get a piece of 5mm mild steel plate. Drill the required size hole through it, countersink said hole both sides. Cramp in a vice, find scrap timber and whittle to approx size of aformentioned countersunk hole, hammer timber through hole and obtain from the exit side as much 'hole bung' as you require. You can use stiff rubber or plastic to.

Drill an assortment of holes in the same bit of steel plate and keep it in your toolbox!

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
With this nice warm weather a gel-coat repair kit will have your holes sorted and invisible within an hour.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice warm weather .... ha ! Just taken a week off to do some fishing and the wind in the north east has been north east - average temp all week about 13 degrees .... still I have got a few jobs on the boat done.
Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts